Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    yo, don't know if anyone can help me, I sent off my application for the mphil course (musicology) the other day (online deadline day!) and got all the self service information through, sent off my application then figured that it says original transcripts, so question is,do they want me to send off my original transcript and certificate? If so, anyone know when you get it back, just as I have just got it so don't want to give it away!

cheers

ReputationRep:
    They will mean a set of official transcripts not your certificate. Make sure the department knows you sent them on deadline day and not later

Edit for bad English!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    God, no. Never send your original certificate anywhere. What they want is a certified transcript (i.e. a detailed summary of your individual marks which has a university stamp on it somewhere to confirm it hasn't been tampered with). You usually get a few of those when you graduate, and you don't really need them very often. If you just sent a photocopy with your application, call the department you applied to, explain your mistake and tell them you'll send them the certified transcript asap.

ReputationRep:
    I'm dyslexic so never notice bad english!

Anyway, cool thanks both for the advice, I had one official transcript given on graduation, found out it takes weeks and is £20 for copies, so I sent off the original one and a photocopy which is stamped to be 'official' as two copies are needed.

I shall try and email them as the phone just cuts off their application process is very complicated for no reason compared to Lancaster which just emails you have a place without applying, but then I guess it is Cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrrl)
    I'm dyslexic so never notice bad english!

Anyway, cool thanks both for the advice, I had one official transcript given on graduation, found out it takes weeks and is £20 for copies, so I sent off the original one and a photocopy which is stamped to be 'official' as two copies are needed.

I shall try and email them as the phone just cuts off their application process is very complicated for no reason compared to Lancaster which just emails you have a place without applying, but then I guess it is Cambridge!
    Well best of luck! If you really need offical transcripts in Birmingham it was always possible to go to student services and they could print them there and then so long as you paid. I guess everywhere is different

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.