Turn on thread page Beta

What would you do with empty house for a week? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Everyone that's saying charge people, I personally would never pay to go to a house party!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bludclotzz)
    advertise on facebook man
    a friend has beaten me to it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weet_ABI_x)
    Everyone that's saying charge people, I personally would never pay to go to a house party!
    Me neither. Most end up being dull with the boy to girl ratio subpar as ever.

ReputationRep:
    I held a 'sophisticated' black tie dinner party, my parents suspected I was having a house party and probably playing loud music... not in the slightest as it was cheese and wine that was the order of the day :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person who would just live in the house normally? I'd probably invite a couple of people over some days but I always wanted a house to myself so thats probably all I'd do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weet_ABI_x)
    Yeah, I wouldnt do that.

If you have a party you get free drinks and all the credit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    I held a 'sophisticated' black tie dinner party, my parents suspected I was having a house party and probably playing loud music... not in the slightest as it was cheese and wine that was the order of the day :holmes:
    I've got a similar event pencilled in for wednesday. I like your style.

ReputationRep:
    House party are a stupid, stupid idea and a quick why of having your furniture damaged with paint work, furnishings and carpets ****** irreparably.

ReputationRep:
    Fill it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill Shakespeare)
    I've got a similar event pencilled in for wednesday. I like your style.
    I hope your event is awash with splendour and runs smoothly :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToeRag)
    Take the week off, go to Sainsburys, buy loads of junk food, loads of booze and sit around in my underpants masturbating...
    :laugh:

Exactly what I was going to post.

I'd advertise it on TSR, but no trolls aloud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    :laugh:

Exactly what I was going to post.
    It's the only way....!!

ReputationRep:
    I remember a girl who had three house parties in one week when her dad was away, house got trashed three times over, sex toys discovered in dads room, sex toys trashed.

probably one of the best weeks of 2008

I'd only recommend a house party if it was in a house that didn't belong to you.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    We usually just have a 6 day free for all. People come and go as they please and we make the decision of what to do the evening before. Sometimes it's quiet film night, BBQ evening or a crazed house party.

We then clean on the seventh day.

ReputationRep:
    When you live on your own, you realise the prospect of holding house-parties really isn't that exciting.

ReputationRep:
    yeh id probably just spend the week naked.

ReputationRep:
    hotbox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    When you live on your own, you realise the prospect of holding house-parties really isn't that exciting.
    Ditto, im surprised that people actually still do this, its so much hassle to be the host! You're supposed to provide everything and then cleaning up afterwards is a nightmare. I probably sound really old and boring :P i've not done the house party thing since i was about 16, even though i live alone most of the time :O
    Tbf my friends are probably more mature now and wouldnt be sick everywhere and wee in my hallway whilst humping the floor...

ReputationRep:
    Nothing different to what I usually do tbh. I won't be going ott and doing anything "crazy" etc.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.