Turn on thread page Beta

Worrying memory loss watch

Announcements

It occurred to me last night that a whole five minutes of my life went by and I was unable to recall what had happened or what I had done in that time -- I was conscious, sober and awake.

Okay, so sometimes I'm not 100% certain that something in my recent memory actually did occur, and if so, when. I'm attributing that to a combination of too much sleep (i.e. not being able to tell my dreams from reality sometimes) and spending too much time in the house, so that the days all mesh together into one huge blurry smear.

But last night, I got worried. I'd done some pilates in the main bedroom and then returned to mine, put on a gown, a hoodie, some socks and gloves, and tidied my room up a bit. I know this because I was wearing them when I stepped out of my room, but as I did, for some reason I was confused as to what I had just been doing in my room in the first place. When had I left the main bedroom? Why had I left the main bedroom? Was it to change into my pajamas? No, because I was already wearing those, wasn't I? Ok, so what's different? Gloves. Oh... Why am I going to the main bedroom again? What the hell have I just spent the last five minutes of my life doing???

So, I'm probably overreacting, but it freaks me out that I couldn't answer those questions myself. Any explanations?

ReputationRep:
    The most likely explanation is that.. erm nevermind I've forgotten what it was

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.