Turn on thread page Beta

student finance: do i sign this declaration? watch

ReputationRep:
    edit: just spent half an hour on hold but finally got my question answered by a (suprisingly helpful!) guy, who said it's nothing to worry about and just due to the backlog. i've got to sign it, send it, and wait for my other one to come through.

basically, i applied for my student finance way back in april but i've been through hell with them in the last few months, one example being when they sent my application to wales and attempted to blame me!

anyway, my mum got a letter through the other week stating that they needed MORE evidence of what she was doing between 08/07 and the rest of that tax year. this is despite her sending a letter way earlier stating that she was supported by a partner at the time.

we rang up, and they said that she had to get her ex partner to send a letter to student finance stating this! obviously ridiculous, but we got it sorted anyway and it's been done.

today, i got my assessment entitlement through and they've only assessed me for the two loans, and it states that it's not based on income because they don't have 'sufficient evidence'. they definitely DO have sufficient evidence, so i don't know whether it's due to the backlog or whatever.

do i sign this one and send it back anyway, or should i ring up?

i know there's millions of people/threads about student finance problems but i'd really appreciate some help because i'm really confused/annoyed.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.