Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance - Assessment Summary watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if anyone would be able to offer any info about my application. This is what the summary says:

Assessment Status Approved
    Assessment Date 25/03/2009

Tuition Fees paid direct to your University or College

Tuition Fee Grant - Payable By Student Finance No Entitlement for Tuition Fee Grant Support
    Tuition Fees Payable By Your Household £3225.00

Tuition Fee Loan paid direct to your University or College

Total Tuition Fee Loan Available £3225.00
    Total Tuition Fee Loan Requested £0.00

Contributions to Grants/Living costs

Assessed Contribution £0.00
    Household Contribution for Means Tested Maintenance Loan £0.00

Grants (after Household contribution has been deducted)
    HE Maintenance Grant £2906.00

Maintenance Loan (paid direct to you)

Total Maintenance Loan Available £3580.00
    Total Maintenance Loan Requested £0.00

----

Now, I know I wasn't entitled to the Tuition Fee grant, but I did apply for the Tuition Fee Loan, and the Maintenence Loan, but it says £0.00 in the amount requested.

Does this mean, because my application is approved, that this won't be reviewed unless I contact them and it's all done and finished according to them, not just being slow at updating like it has been? I got letters saying I hadn't applied for it, but filled them out applying again and sent them back months ago.

I assume the Maintenence Grant is okay from what the summary says though?

Thanks to anyone who can shed any light on this.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get this from the website? You should wait until you get a letter in the post because they might not adjust the figures on the website. If you do have the letter and it says that then phone them up.

I was going to say that maybe you've been non-income assessed so that they can go back later and do it properly but that doesn't seem right if they have given you a grant estimation abut not a loan one.

They also might have messed up your application and say that you didn't request for the loans.

ReputationRep:
    Uhm, I don't think I've got a letter yet actually no. I guess I'll wait until I get that and see what that says.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I work for Student Finance (well did until Saturday - thankfully, they are as bad to work for as they are to get finance from). Did you fill out your application online? The website is ******** and decides that students have not actually asked for loans (when they have).

What you need to do (if you haven't already), is download and print off a Maintinence Loan Request Form, and a Tuition Fee Loan request form. You can find them HERE. Then if you send them off they will reassess you. If you have already done this, their processing time is actually in the region of 8-12 weeks, not 6-8 weeks as they try and tell you on the phone/website, so just sit tight.

Hope this is a help, if you need any more advice on this PM me =)

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thanks for the info. I received the forms in the post, got about 3 or 4 letters at once, even though I'd done it all online before! I guess I'll just sit tight and maybe wait until after results day [if I don't get into uni, then shan't bother shall I ha] to call them etc. Ta!!

ReputationRep:
    Calling is horrendous, avoid if you can =P

But if you sent it on paper when they sent you the forms, you will be fine, they are just dragging their arse this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallucinated)
    I was just wondering if anyone would be able to offer any info about my application. This is what the summary says:

Tuition Fee Grant - Payable By Student Finance No Entitlement for Tuition Fee Grant Support

----

Now, I know I wasn't entitled to the Tuition Fee grant, but I did apply for the Tuition Fee Loan, and the Maintenence Loan, but it says £0.00 in the amount requested.

Does this mean, because my application is approved, that this won't be reviewed unless I contact them and it's all done and finished according to them, not just being slow at updating like it has been? I got letters saying I hadn't applied for it, but filled them out applying again and sent them back months ago.

EXACT SAME PROBLEM HERE!

Basically, what they told me to do, was print out the maintenance loan and tuition fee loan request forms again, fill them in, and send them back. Did you do everything online?

They're way behind with everything.

ReputationRep:

----

Holy ****, MAKE SURE YOU ARE ACTUALLY GETTING THE TUITION FEE LOAN!

It should say that you requested that same amount...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've already filled out the forms and sent them back, after I'd done it online anyways. Might even print them out and send again to be sure? Otherwise I'm screwed for money.. ha

ReputationRep:

----

Hi I just logged on to the student finance website and it says that I'm getting £0.00 for tuition fees and maintenence loans even though i applied for both... Did you manage to get your tuition fee loan sorted? How long did it take and what did you do? Thanks in advance

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.