Turn on thread page Beta

Is your parents' small business suffering? watch

ReputationRep:
    Numerous small business are going bust because banks are refusing to pass on the tax-payers money, except at punative interest rates or with your house as collateral, or reducing overdraft facility.

Banks are using the economy as the reason to reduce lending to companies that have been with them for years, despite promising to do the opposite when they received our cash.

"the kingdom of Britain is likened unto a certain king (Alistair Darling), which would take account of his servants (the bankers)
    And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.(a HUGE amount)
    But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
    The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.(grovelling pleas)
    Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
    But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants (small businessman or mortguage-holder), which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me what you owe.
    And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.
    And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
    So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
    Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave you all that debt, because you petitioned me:
    Should you not also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on you?
    And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors (the media), till he should pay all that was due unto him."
    (Matthew 18)

ReputationRep:
    Panorama this evening should be interesting.

It seems the idea that we own the banks is a myth, they are still the boss when it comes to our money, hear what the Minister has to say . . .

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.