Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

anon for obvious reasons- rather it is deleted.

A few years back I took a liking to this girl. She was the girl everyone wanted and unbelievably enough she took a liking back to me. She gave me very very obvious hints but I just bottled it and despite flirting with her I never followed it up by making a move. She was DEFINITELY interested back then.

Anyway, I hadnt seen her fora few years but saw her a few nights back in a club. I went over and the conversation was pretty dull. It was a seriously boring "catchup" and she didnt seem that respondent- just when I was about to walk away, she lightly kissed me on the cheek and said "its really good to see you again". I took her number.
    As I walked away I noticed her friend ask who I was and it seems as if she shrugged me off.

Now im seriously stumped as to what I should do. A side of me says forget bout it, another side says text her.

If I do text her what should I text her

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just say hi and ask if she wants to meet for a drink or something. You don't have to make it into a big deal, and at least that way you'll both know where the other person stands.

ReputationRep:
    first of all, i wouldn't bother. if she doesnt seem that interested anymore, the most you can hope for is a bit of texting back and forth and nothing coming of it...

on the other hand - if you do decide to text her, go for a simple 'hey, was good seeing you the other night! shame we couldn't chat longer. would be good to meet up sometime' or something. its friendly, but not too pushy?

ReputationRep:
    You could say:
    Hey do you want to want to meet up for coffee?

ReputationRep:
    Text her, do you regret not following up last time? You have second chance with this girl, go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Well if it wasn't a very interesting catch-up, do you really want to see her again?
    But if you really do just be like..
    "Hey was nice bumping into you the other night, looked really pretty . Fancy having a catch up over a drink sometime?"
    Good luck

Does it seem as if shes interested.
    It didnt seem like it but then suddenly she did the whole "lightly kissed me on the cheek and said "its really good to see you again" " thing- which took me by surprise.
    Girls would you do that if you werent interested- didnt like the guy.

Feeling quite down about it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does it seem as if shes interested.
    It didnt seem like it but then suddenly she did the whole "lightly kissed me on the cheek and said "its really good to see you again" " thing- which took me by surprise.
    Girls would you do that if you werent interested- didnt like the guy.

Feeling quite down about it all.

No offence, but i would do that if i wasn't too fussed and just wanted to be polite..
    Although everyone is different..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kathryn_x)
    But if you really do just be like..
    "Hey was nice bumping into you the other night, looked really pretty . Fancy having a catch up over a drink sometime?"
    Good luck
    I swear I JUST gave some advice to this exact same story. But yeah, what she wrote. It's a good way to phrase it.

ReputationRep:
    Just send her a text to say hey, tell her it was nice to see her again, ask how she is and see what she replies. If she seems keen when she texts back, ask her if she wants to meet up, and if it doesn't go well, well then you don't have to see her again. No harm in texting her though

ReputationRep:
    go simple, "hey wanna killsome time with me this weekend", that way you look dont look to upfront

ReputationRep:
    Use lots of smileys. Women love smileys.

ReputationRep:
    "Nice to see you again. You looked beautiful. Do you want meet up sometime?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver)
    Use lots of smileys. Women love smileys.
    You know women pretty well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roxie4ever57)
    You know women pretty well
    Well, :p: :o: :rolleyes: :cool: :yes: :woo: , understand?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.