Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so basically a close friend of mine got into qm last year and he did pretty badly in his science modules. his maths ones howvere were all A's and B's. He says hes been in contact witht the uni several times to ask if he could change course onto a maths degree bvut they have shot him down on each occation. His alevels are C(for maths)DE, which arent the best results. Now he wants to know whether it was possible to get in with those grades into a Maths degree through clearing at qm? the reuirements for maths are BBB. how much lower will the grades be lowered on clearing?

what do u guys think? cause i have no advice to offer.

xx

ReputationRep:
    my advice to you is learn how to spell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hahaha_dontknow)
    my advice to you is learn how to spell.
    wht a pathetic reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kit21088)
    wht a pathetic reply
    its true :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The best he can do is wait until clearing and find out I'm afraid. They might take him depending on how competitive the course is this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    The best he can do is wait until clearing and find out I'm afraid. They might take him depending on how competitive the course is this year.
    thanks. u aint got any idea how low theyd make it though would u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kit21088)
    thanks. u aint got any idea how low theyd make it though would u?
    I'd hazard a guess at one grade, mayyyyybe two if your friend can impress admissions. It depends on the department really, some are a bit more lenient. I'd be of more use if I was a maths student :p:

ReputationRep:
    He hasn't got a cat in hells chance. They will only lower the offer by a grade. Best off applying to do the SEFP they would then possibly consider your friend.

Submit reply
Updated: July 31, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.