Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Whenever girls talk about guys dress theres often mention of orginality, how would you become original, when all items we wear are sold in shops, design your own clothes?!??!

ReputationRep:
    It means don't dress like the average bloke, try and stand out a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Taking it a bit literally I think. We mean, don't go to ONE shop and clear out their stock - you'll look like a shop window mannequin.
    We want you to be able to pick certain items you like from different shops/brands and put them together, so that they don't look like the next Topman clone. Having originality means knowing what suits you as an individual. Knowing how to put an outfit together so that it shows a bit of your personality or creativity.

I understand for the average bloke, this is completely unrealistic, but there are the odd few guys out there who do put effort into their wardrobe and imo, it pays off.

ReputationRep:
    Just dress nice. There is no such thing as originality whenever you're buying clothes from a chain store - which unless you take the silly option of designing your own clothes - you will be.

Just try not to look like a spice boy.

And I'm serious about designing your own clothes. I know a girl who tried once and it just looked like she **** playdoh on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thorpy678)
    Whenever girls talk about guys dress theres often mention of orginality, how would you become original, when all items we wear are sold in shops, design your own clothes?!??!
    True, I think you kind of need to shop around, I hate it when people wear the same things
    myself included I got a bracelet from river island at the weekend.. well I got a few from topman and river island its so sad

ReputationRep:
    I don't care if guys look original or not. Id much rather they dressed in a way that suited them and made them happy, yet perhaps look a little 'samey' to everyone else than be entirely original but look ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...If you wanna look beautiful:
    DO NOT DRESS 'INDIE'. YOU LOOK SAMEY AND EMBARASSING.
    Dress chavvy when hungover.
    Wear nice clothes clubbing eg. I just bought myself a lovely jean paul gaultier suit 2009 autumn season- its a fahckin beaut!
    If at Oxford or a high end public school, have a nicely cut english suit, preferably tweed.
    When in the country:
    At a grouse shoot amongst pompous *****, wear a tweed suit with plus 4s n all
    When being rough and rural, jeans, flat cap, checkered shirt etc.

ReputationRep:
    And you must remember to dress slickly and darkly whilst in the city.

ReputationRep:
    I think my dress sense is fairly original. I wear weird colours/colours you wouldn't expect. I've toned down a little, but a year or so ago, I decided to be really bright, so I wore purple jeans with luminous yellow tops/stuff like that. Now I still have a different style (not unique, as someone somewhere probably has the same jeans as me), but I have black and white checked jeans, and a military coat as one of my outfits, but then simple jeans and a really bright top for another.

ReputationRep:
    Try to avoid looking as though you have been chewed up and spit out by Topman.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.