Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,
    Im currently serving as an AMM (Av) and have my filter interview tomorrow (28/7) and i'm just wandering does my interview vary in anyway to a new applicants?
    I'm applying for WSOp, Flight Ops Off and Pilot (in that order, unless my aptitude proves me otherwise!)
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'd certainly expect you to have a much better understanding of all military matters. However, the whole point of having you go through the AFCO was to ensure common standards applied to all - and not the old Stn Board days of old.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Flight Ops still closed?

ReputationRep:
    I thought that aswell, wonder if it has reopened?

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently serving aswell and I had my Filter Interview in February. I would go out of the way to say that they expect you to have a bit more military knowledge than Joe Bloggs off the streets but it is the same that everyone gets... and it depends on your interviewer aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McLovin')
    Hey all,
    Im currently serving as an AMM (Av) and have my filter interview tomorrow (28/7) and i'm just wandering does my interview vary in anyway to a new applicants?
    I'm applying for WSOp, Flight Ops Off and Pilot (in that order, unless my aptitude proves me otherwise!)
    Hi there.

The latest interview questions I posted on here were aimed at serving members. If you can't find them give me a PM and I'll sort something out for you.

Q_M

EDIT: Sod it I've found it anyway. Clicky.

ReputationRep:
    Flt Ops is currently closed. It is difficult to predict when the branch may re-open. It is expected that next year's (Apr 2010-Apr 2011) recruiting requirements will be received by Sep 09 with a view to opening branches to recruitment in Nov 09. All details subject to change.

Consider carefully how you will justify prioritising WSOp over Pilot on your application.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by wordsworthnowt)
    Consider carefully how you will justify prioritising WSOp over Pilot on your application.
    Indeed, in fact consider if there is any sense at all in doing that as the aptitude sets for pilot will be higher than WSOp. So in order to pass pilot, you will almost certainly by default, have passed WSOp, in which case you will be offered your first choice.

This is over and above the fact that WSOp> pilot shows a naivety about what a future career will hold that is particularly surprising from someone already serving. You will be grilled to death over that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.