Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

student finance - awaiting sponsor 2 evidence? Watch

ReputationRep:
    im concerned that 'sponsor 2' means a 2nd parent? but ive only provided details of my mother as a sponsor as i only live with her n no other adult. and they are awaiting some evidence from her, but i dont get why it says 'sponsor 2'. does it say this for anybody else about evidence from one sponsor???

ReputationRep:
    I thought you needed 2 sponsors? I've had to get both my parents to do it....it's such a confusing system....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    I thought you needed 2 sponsors? I've had to get both my parents to do it....it's such a confusing system....
    i only live with one parent so i dont get why theyd need my dads details :/ hope they dont need them argh

ReputationRep:
    Sponsor 2 always refers to the female of the household, so if you only live with you're mum, thats who it's referring to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by audiograffiti)
    Sponsor 2 always refers to the female of the household, so if you only live with you're mum, thats who it's referring to.

ooh haha thank you. that makes sense, i was panicking like why do they need a 2nd sponsor?!
    why do they make it so bloody confusing. can't they just put mother? ha

ReputationRep:
    Simply put - because they are useless =P

ReputationRep:
    if there's not a second adult (as you say) then you need to send in proof that she isn't married and lives alone.

ReputationRep:
    Proof can be:
    - Council tax statement (usually the easiest to get).
    - Decree Nisi
    - Decree Absolute
    - Any kind of solicitors letter stating separation if thats the circumstance.

Also, if your mum is a single parent as she is a Widow, they may ask for a death certificate as proof.

(They are a very sensitive organisation, can't you tell?)

ReputationRep:
    Never asked for a death certificate for being widowed. If I do ask, it'll be widowed parents allowance.

The only time I'd ask for a copy of the death certificate is if a parent died midway through an academic year, and you had to recalculate support.

ReputationRep:
    If sponsor 2 is meant to be the female, they don't make it clear. I don't recall it even being mentioned on the form.

The whole student finance system is a load of ****, I have just received my form back with a handwritten note saying "We need a letter from your parent's accountant as proof of their income" (My parents are self employed and accountant hasn't finished accounts yet). I wouldn't mind this, if it wasn't for the fact that I had sent the damn letter with the form, and it was stapled to the returned form (Wasn't stapled when sent so they have at least had a look at it).

ReputationRep:
    Considering that the accounts are for the year to 5th April 2008, then your parents are in a bit of bother with the authorities. Deadline for that was the 31st January 2009

ReputationRep:
    Im in the same situation but i don't live with either of my parents so i can't provide proof of seperation either, any help??)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.