Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Today i passed motion and noticed a slight red area on the stool, i am very worried now. The stool was not hard so it cannot be hemorrhoids. I hope it is not something serious. As searching online i have read that you shouldn't be seeing blood in stool. If anyone knows about this please reply. I am very worried.

Thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    ANAL FISSURE!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    :doctor:

ReputationRep:
    ^What that guy said^

Likely just a lack of fibre in your food, leading to your po' slashin ur anoos.

ReputationRep:
    I dont want to worry you but it can be little serious. My sister, shes 10, noticed blood when she went for a poop. She never told anyone about it for about 2 months and then my mum found out about it. She was in hospital for about a 6 weeks, she lost loads of weight and had stomach aches everyday. The problem was that she just had some sort of scratch inside her bum and her bowels had swollen up. I suggest you definately go see a doctor if it doesnt stop after week.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, don't panic. Sometimes blood can be present if you have previously cut the inside of your bum or even due to an intolerance. I would go to the doctor but seriously don't worry too much. I once thought I had blood in mine and it turned out to be some tomato or red pepper skin While it can be serious there are often simple explanations.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.