Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

house party ideas Watch

ReputationRep:
    Computer + loud speakers + spotify/iTunes

Also recruit people to help you clean up beforehand, otherwise say they can't come :p:

ReputationRep:
    leave some mess and about 10 bottles badly hidden, and so it looks like you had a couple of friends over.

deceitful.

ReputationRep:
    You should make vodka jelly and flaming Dr Peppers. Twister is always win in the games department. One thing I would avoid is chocolate fountains and candyfloss machines; everything in mine ended up sticky and it took me hours to clean the kitchen especially.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcg-innit)
    is your mum letting you have this party?
    my mum went away on holiday a few weeks ago and left me, a 17 year old, with my 16 year old sister and gave us 50 quid each. expected us not to have a party - so we didn't have A party, we had two.

there was too much damage and we got kicked out the house for a week so if your having one, just make sure people are respectful !

at mine we made vodka jelly

erm, 'blowjobs' - shots with whipped cream on them and you have to drink them with your hands behind your back so the cream ends up round your mouth .

glowsticks!

erm, no. but i must say i love the idea of vodka jelly (Y)

ReputationRep:
    Have some food and music. Don't go too crazy and make sure you have some friends who are willing to help you clear up, and have respect for your house, cos some people wont. Have a great time.

Spoiler:
    Show
    put it on facebook/myspace/tsr.
    invite me :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie0914)
    Yeah, I know... I've been there a few times

Other advice:
    Get everything down the bottle bank before your parents get back, then lie about how much was actually drunk.
    Have stuff on hand to clean up vomit. Someone will go overboard.
    Drinking games are always fun.
    If you have a wii, drunken wii sports is excellent.
    Shut and secure any rooms you don't want people in.
    Hide any valuables / breakables / any of your parents liquor ou don't want drunk.
    Have takeaway menus ready - someone will get hungry.
    (Original post by lm_wfc)
    leave some mess and about 10 bottles badly hidden, and so it looks like you had a couple of friends over.

deceitful.
    :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lm_wfc)

deceitful.
    i like this idea

the drunken wii sports can get violent, i've once been hit in the face by a nunchuck in an overly enthusiastic drunken boxing game :p:

ReputationRep:
    Make sure there's lots of bread it, toast is great at about 3am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lets_make_some_music)
    i like this idea

the drunken wii sports can get violent, i've once been hit in the face by a nunchuck in an overly enthusiastic drunken boxing game :p:

i can't believe i hadnt thought of wii games! i have had previous experiences of drunken wii sports games which were quite eventful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouLou92)
    okay so in about a month i am home alone for two weeks and basically most of my friends are living at mine for a while (Y)
    any good ideas for a house party or advice or anything is appreciated.
    and no need to mention the fact i should have alcohol, i shall have plenty :yes:
    If you have any pets book them into the cattery or kennels, you hear some horror stories of cats and dogs being fed alcohol. Lock up any breakables or valubles. Games, activities to occupy people so drunk people don't try and make their own fun causing trouble.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for all the suggestions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Poker tourney! £5 buy in, winner takes all.

That, or strip poker.
    Na, tenner in at least.
    Toga party?

ReputationRep:
    organitze an orgy!!

ReputationRep:
    Take photos of EVERYTHING in the house before the party. Hide all valuables, avoid rooms with cream carpet or good sofas...actually, just cover any good furniture with a throw. Maybe hide/cover the tv too. The kitchen or living room are the best places so try and make sure everyone stays there. Keep smokers out the back.

Decent music, drinking games, tequila, pizza/toast, ice...Plastic cups! Most house parties I've been to have been a success. Usually with good hosts and guests...it's always people who can make or break a good party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostdoll)
    Take photos of EVERYTHING in the house before the party. Hide all valuables, avoid rooms with cream carpet or good sofas...actually, just cover any good furniture with a throw. Maybe hide/cover the tv too. The kitchen or living room are the best places so try and make sure everyone stays there. Keep smokers out the back.

Decent music, drinking games, tequila, pizza/toast, ice...Plastic cups! Most house parties I've been to have been a success. Usually with good hosts and guests...it's always people who can make or break a good party.
    good idea, the thing i have to worry about most is tagged photos of facebook being seen by relatives.. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Strip poker is always fun...! Not that i would know.....

ReputationRep:
    Cocktails
    Shots
    Punch
    Drinking Games
    Snacks
    Fairy lights
    Big red cups
    Good variety of music

ReputationRep:
    hotboxing?

ReputationRep:
    Invest in a couple of buckets in case people drink too much. No one likes clearing up vomit, especially if you're drunk too. It is a recipe for diaster.

And it might not be as cool as suggesting vodka jelly or stip poker, but I think an X Men marathon is always a good shout :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie0914)
    My advice: don't have a house party.
    this

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.