Announcements
  • View Poll Results: call or text?
    calling
    28.72%
    texting
    76.60%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noaksey)
    you on pay as you go then? i'm with 02 but won't know the prices of texts and minutes until I go over my limits...!
    Yup, and its not nice 2 minutes costs like 50p!

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind texting really small stuff, such as time, place, meeting conformation.

I don't like texting full conversations. If I just want a chat I'll ring rather than text. I'm a really bad texter anyway, because I have minimal grasp of text language so I tend to get confused and have to send additional messages asking for clarification of what the hell was just said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    Im not even making this up but i have a text from a while back on my phone:

"next doors house fell down, police and fire engines on the way. come quick xx"

:rolleyes:
    it's amazing how someone had took the time to write that..!

(Original post by CherryBakewell)
    Yup, and its not nice 2 minutes costs like 50p!
    Ah..that is expensive!! Mind you, I think Orange pay as you go was roughly the same.

ReputationRep:
    Calling. Not into texting, I have to think too hard to put the words down.

Plus, I'm really sarcastic at times, and I like being able to have a tone of voice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    I text when it's something that can wait, or when I'm fairly bored. But I call when I want an actual conversation, or it's something that can't wait.

I don't understand people who text, rather than call, when it's urgent...
    This

Also, I hate it when people say "Didn't you get my text?" - call me if it's important!!!

ReputationRep:
    Calling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prettyinpunk1)
    Depends what I have to say.
    But usually calling.
    AHHH!!! BANANAS IN PAJAMAS!!!! Wow, trip down memory lane, i used to love them as a kid!

ReputationRep:
    Texting is for insecure people!! always calling!!

ReputationRep:
    texts definitley...especially if you have to chat to someone that you don't really like chatting to lol

ReputationRep:
    I prefer texting, for some reason I just have a real phobia of answering the phone/talking on the phone. Unless it's specific people, for example a few of my closest friends, my mum, my sister or my boyfriend. They all talk so much that it's okay if I feel awkward and don't have anything to talk about

ReputationRep:
    Texting, but I tend to really ramble on and send such pointless texts when I'm bored :redface: I have a friend who will ring me all the time, for the slightest of things just because she cba texting!

ReputationRep:
    I prefer texting, unless it's urgent or I'm very close to the person I'm contacting. I generally don't like phoning at all, I just feel awkward.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer to text (as long as it's not a long or complicated message), but I love people to call me

ReputationRep:
    I prefer text (by proxy). Usually, I prefer talking face to face, so text is much more convenient for arranging a meet up. I never trust phonecalls on a mobile, they're always really expensive.

ReputationRep:
    i mainly text... but then i get 300 texts eaach month i top up whereas my calls are expensive

my two best mates who both have contract often phone me though when i text them as it is better and easier... relly long txts are just a pain

some people i'd rather text though; either people i know are just not good talking on the phone or people who drag the conversation on for ages!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieNoir)
    I prefer texting, for some reason I just have a real phobia of answering the phone/talking on the phone. Unless it's specific people, for example a few of my closest friends, my mum, my sister or my boyfriend. They all talk so much that it's okay if I feel awkward and don't have anything to talk about
    This! My phone conversations usually last a minute or less :P

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on the person and situation really. If im bored and somewhere by myself like on the bus i'll just give someone a text and have a conversation like that, or with one person i know i'll just call when im bored (early hours of the morning can be fun), end up having a couple of hours of phonecall, (think the record was a 4 and a half hour phonecall with a girl i knew, yay for contract phone)
    If its urgent i'll normally call, or if its a "hey you busy lets do something?" type thing, text if its not that important or i cant be bothered. I have a contract for 800 mins and unlimited texts, so i just send out calls or texts for pretty pointless things really, its awesome.
    So really bit of both, depending on person or situation.

ReputationRep:
    I'll call people if I want a long chat but meet-ups and gossip are usually saved for text messages. Phone convos can occasionally get long and drawn-out and of course there are the awkward silences when you've run out of things to say with your friends.

ReputationRep:
    depend on how comfortable and easy to use/text on the phone...if the phone is kinda crappy,i prefer calling .

ReputationRep:
    I only call my boyfriend, the rest get text unless im calling to ask where someone is at etc..

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.