Do you prefer to call or text someone?! Watch

• View Poll Results: call or text?
    calling
    28.72%
    texting
    76.60%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noaksey)
    you on pay as you go then? i'm with 02 but won't know the prices of texts and minutes until I go over my limits...!
    Yup, and its not nice 2 minutes costs like 50p!

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind texting really small stuff, such as time, place, meeting conformation.

I don't like texting full conversations. If I just want a chat I'll ring rather than text. I'm a really bad texter anyway, because I have minimal grasp of text language so I tend to get confused and have to send additional messages asking for clarification of what the hell was just said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    Im not even making this up but i have a text from a while back on my phone:

"next doors house fell down, police and fire engines on the way. come quick xx"

:rolleyes:
    it's amazing how someone had took the time to write that..!

(Original post by CherryBakewell)
    Yup, and its not nice 2 minutes costs like 50p!
    Ah..that is expensive!! Mind you, I think Orange pay as you go was roughly the same.

ReputationRep:
    Calling. Not into texting, I have to think too hard to put the words down.

Plus, I'm really sarcastic at times, and I like being able to have a tone of voice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    I text when it's something that can wait, or when I'm fairly bored. But I call when I want an actual conversation, or it's something that can't wait.

I don't understand people who text, rather than call, when it's urgent...
    This

Also, I hate it when people say "Didn't you get my text?" - call me if it's important!!!

ReputationRep:
    Calling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prettyinpunk1)
    Depends what I have to say.
    But usually calling.
    AHHH!!! BANANAS IN PAJAMAS!!!! Wow, trip down memory lane, i used to love them as a kid!

ReputationRep:
    Texting is for insecure people!! always calling!!

ReputationRep:
    texts definitley...especially if you have to chat to someone that you don't really like chatting to lol

ReputationRep:
    I prefer texting, for some reason I just have a real phobia of answering the phone/talking on the phone. Unless it's specific people, for example a few of my closest friends, my mum, my sister or my boyfriend. They all talk so much that it's okay if I feel awkward and don't have anything to talk about

ReputationRep:
    Texting, but I tend to really ramble on and send such pointless texts when I'm bored :redface: I have a friend who will ring me all the time, for the slightest of things just because she cba texting!

ReputationRep:
    I prefer texting, unless it's urgent or I'm very close to the person I'm contacting. I generally don't like phoning at all, I just feel awkward.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer to text (as long as it's not a long or complicated message), but I love people to call me

ReputationRep:
    I prefer text (by proxy). Usually, I prefer talking face to face, so text is much more convenient for arranging a meet up. I never trust phonecalls on a mobile, they're always really expensive.

ReputationRep:
    i mainly text... but then i get 300 texts eaach month i top up whereas my calls are expensive

my two best mates who both have contract often phone me though when i text them as it is better and easier... relly long txts are just a pain

some people i'd rather text though; either people i know are just not good talking on the phone or people who drag the conversation on for ages!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieNoir)
    I prefer texting, for some reason I just have a real phobia of answering the phone/talking on the phone. Unless it's specific people, for example a few of my closest friends, my mum, my sister or my boyfriend. They all talk so much that it's okay if I feel awkward and don't have anything to talk about
    This! My phone conversations usually last a minute or less :P

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on the person and situation really. If im bored and somewhere by myself like on the bus i'll just give someone a text and have a conversation like that, or with one person i know i'll just call when im bored (early hours of the morning can be fun), end up having a couple of hours of phonecall, (think the record was a 4 and a half hour phonecall with a girl i knew, yay for contract phone)
    If its urgent i'll normally call, or if its a "hey you busy lets do something?" type thing, text if its not that important or i cant be bothered. I have a contract for 800 mins and unlimited texts, so i just send out calls or texts for pretty pointless things really, its awesome.
    So really bit of both, depending on person or situation.

ReputationRep:
    I'll call people if I want a long chat but meet-ups and gossip are usually saved for text messages. Phone convos can occasionally get long and drawn-out and of course there are the awkward silences when you've run out of things to say with your friends.

ReputationRep:
    depend on how comfortable and easy to use/text on the phone...if the phone is kinda crappy,i prefer calling .

ReputationRep:
    I only call my boyfriend, the rest get text unless im calling to ask where someone is at etc..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.