Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'll try keep this as short as possible, but i would just like some advice as i don't get where this guy is coming from:

I started liking this guy back in year 10/11 and was too shy to say anything at all to him- as it's in my nature to be shy. But during year 12 I started talking to him and we became friends quite quickly. I had a crush on him and a couple of times we have walked around the local park together and a few times we actually kissed, but then towards the end of the walk he would question me and ask my why i like him, why i want to go out with him etc.

Then the next day he would talk to me on msn and say things like can you only keep what we did to ourselves, or what he more frequently says is "forget about yesterday and what I said and did, I didn't mean it" the first time he did this i was really upset, but now he does it very often and i'm getting sick and tired of it because he won't make his mind up if he wants me or not. I really don't know what to do about him, I don't have the confidence to stand up for myself because i keep thinking it'll hurt him but he's hurt me in the process by messing me around so much.

Any thoughts/comment will be very appreciated

ReputationRep:
    He's not taking you seriously

ReputationRep:
    Don't let him do this to you - you don't deserve it. Stop going on the walks, don't let him kiss you if you know that tomorrow he'll be telling you he didn't mean it. It sounds like he's using you unfortunately. Don't worry about hurting his feelings - he's quite obviously hurt yours. Try and move on from him, and hopefully over time you'll forget about him and find someone else who does mean it

ReputationRep:
    He just seems to be using you.. kissing you when he wants to and denying it afterwards. Don't be afraid to hurt his feelings as he's the one who hurts you.

ReputationRep:
    By the sounds of it he dosent care very much for your feelings as what he has said was very blunt and not exactly said in a way that would have possibly saved a little of your feelings.

To it me it sounds like her wants his cake and eat it, wants to kiss you and have you, but then dosent want you when it suits him. Dont put up with him you deserve better.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.