Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In two minds:

On the one hand........ three years of studying drama, my favourite thing in the world? Getting to live in a new city, after spending my entire life in the same area? Meeting new friends? Can't ******* wait!

However, on the other hand, am very scared at the same time, as many have said - what if the course isn;t what it seemed? What if I don't make friends? ETC....

Also, whether it is amazing or crap, I just want it to damn well start already! Right now, I am doing nothing but sitting around waiting for it! Took a year off to go travelling - which was awesome - but the period between travelling and uni is SO DULL. Can't find a job (not really around long enough), and have only kept in touch with a handful of friends, who do have their own lives seperately. So just waiting.....

So yeah. V Excited, v nervous and just want to get there already!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *...smiling away....*)
    trying not to get too excited incase i dont meet my grades, plus really worried i won't be able to handle my course when i get there but at the same time stupidly excited lol
    Exactly this. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dijobla)
    yeah I'm going to be 20 in august so not much older but all my friends are older than me as it is so it will be strange :/

ooo yeah i know what you mean like 95% of my friends are older. and immature people are an annoyance. so yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan70)
    It's annoying that everyone I know is looking forward to it and I really am not. I am not scared, puzzled or confused about it, I am just bored of the idea of it already. I wouldn't be fussed if I didn't go but instead I am wasting 4 years and a lot of money to do something I will most likely find boring ... meh.
    Exactly 100% how I'm feeling.

I'm a bit apprehensive, but apart from that I don't care at all. I'm going for the education more than anything, and I don't really care if I make friends or not.

Maybe that's bad - whatever. :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Exactly 100% how I'm feeling.

I'm a bit apprehensive, but apart from that I don't care at all. I'm going for the education more than anything, and I don't really care if I make friends or not.

Maybe that's bad - whatever. :tongue:
    Hah well I am sure there will be a few of us at uni like this, so we will all be like noone is going to feel like this and then make friends with the people who do =P

Butt yeah, I know that getting the education is better than anything else I can do at this point, it doesn't matter if I am going to enjoy it or not, I mean the subject I picked is my passion but then courses have a habbit of sucking your passion away ... I just think it's going to be the longest 3-4 years of my education ;/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    Then why the hell are you going?? You know you don't HAVE to go to uni, it is a choice, and it's not too late! If you really think you'll just find it boring...you'd be better off saving your money or finding a course you'll actually enjoy!
    Yeah I know what you mean, but the course itself will be massively interesting for me, its just th education systems knows exactly how to make even the most interesting things boring and I know this will likely happen here too, I don't really have a choice because the only other thing that would even give me a shot at working in the industry I am looking at is getting an advanced apprenticeship, and from what I understand they don't exist atleast in a 50 mile radius of where I live. So uni is the only choice if I want to gain a strong qualification and give me a chance in the job hunting world!

I can't wait to go back, only four and a half weeks left 'till I go back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    Very excited! Can't wait to move away from here and meet lots of fun new people.

It's gonna be a blast I know I'll get a little nervous when it gets nearer but I have a feeling it's gonna be fun.
    I love your sig. The TSR thing made me rofl!

ReputationRep:
    i took a Chlamydia test and im clean as a whistle! all ready for freashers now :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm not looking forward to the prospect of university.

ReputationRep:
    Cant wait! Any newcastle goers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apassingfeeling)
    IM SO SCARED.
    Hopefully soon this will turn to excitement and not a crushing sense of failure...
    Same!

ReputationRep:
    Quite excited. Waiting for good news on results day to be properly excited.

ReputationRep:
    im relli excited bout it aswell but at the same time nervous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan70)
    Hah well I am sure there will be a few of us at uni like this, so we will all be like noone is going to feel like this and then make friends with the people who do =P

Butt yeah, I know that getting the education is better than anything else I can do at this point, it doesn't matter if I am going to enjoy it or not, I mean the subject I picked is my passion but then courses have a habbit of sucking your passion away ... I just think it's going to be the longest 3-4 years of my education ;/
    I know you don't need my advice/opinion or anything, and I'm sure you won't be the same as me, but I must admit this was how I felt when I was a fresher the first time round and my apprehensions were fully justified by the end of the year. I was doing English, which was my favourite thing in the world up until then, could spend days and days reading and writing and got good grades, but you're right, the course sucked all the passion out of it for me. I never imagined I wouldn't want to study English by the end of the year.

I'd really hate for someone to go through the same experience as me, I'd suggest you don't go off to uni with the "meh" kind of attitude, because that's what you'll get out of it. Gotta be really positive and optimistic and you'll have a much better time

Oh and I love your signature btw

ReputationRep:
    I'm excited, i've got that feeling I used to get before Christmas (if anyone knows what I mean). I'm not too scared about making friends because i'm quite a friendly and approachable person (i've been told !) and can quite easily find common ground with people.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just feeling kind of 'meh'. I may be more excited when I get my results. The whole thing sounds like such a hassle at this point in time...

ReputationRep:
    Im more excited for this than anything. I honestly can't wait to get there, make friends, be doing something new and most importantly, be studying a subject i love.

Don't get results till Friday but i already know i've got the grades for my degree as i was told off my college tutor.

So i'm just waiting around itching to start!

Anyone else going to Northumbria?

ReputationRep:
    Right now? Not at all - I'm terrified! But I know that in a couple of days I'll swing back to mad excitement and just want to get there as soon as I can.

Luckily I'm on a gap year so I've already got my results in hand and an unconditional offer - I'm so relieved to be free of that extra stress.

ReputationRep:
    my nipples are twitchingwith excitement!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.