Turn on thread page Beta

Girlfriend, drugs and me watch

ReputationRep:
    Now all my friends know I like to dabble in a bit of drug use, various drugs not on a regular basis but I like to give new things a try and some really aren't that harmful and have some good benefits like helping sleep, better sex, good for workouts etc.

My girlfriend knew before she met me that I do drugs but I'm a sensible guy, she said that she didn't want me to change anything for her and that I can stick to my usual ways if I wanted. But then we watched videos of some girl from school who's a bit of a mess head and she was like "why do people do drugs?" and "I don't get why anyone would want to be like that?"

So I'm getting mixed feelings, do you think she secretly would hate it if I do drugs? She's pretty straight forward and she said herself she doesn't mind than she says this. I just don't want her getting scared or something. She doesn't mind if I smoke weed, but she does look down on people who are stoned everyday. I don't know what to make of this????

Maybe she's trying to be kind to me but deep down she'll not like me for doing it, any thoughts? No stereotypical things, I want like, girl mind reading people to post please. Thanks you.

Do you think I should be open about the drugs I've done? I've got a fat list, but I don't want to scare her away, and since I've met her I've stopped but sometimes I like to have a bit of fun.

P.S. Does anyone know why my Warnings Level is constantly at 2??? It's been like that for about a year now.

ReputationRep:
    Okay so...

My boyfriend of about 2 years, does weed everyday. For me, personally, I've kinda gotten used to it , because I've seen the reasons he does it, and we do have indepth talks about it. I've always said you can't stop because of me, you have to want to truly do it yourself or you'll never quit, and he doesn't want to, so I can't make him. He's made me promise him though that if I start seeing bad changes in him then I have to make him stop.

He knows deep down I don't like him doing it, but that doesnt make him him, he is him for him, not that.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    MY warnings level has been like this for MONTHS now!

Annoying!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiamondsAreForever)
    Okay so...

My boyfriend of about 2 years, does weed everyday. For me, personally, I've kinda gotten used to it , because I've seen the reasons he does it, and we do have indepth talks about it. I've always said you can't stop because of me, you have to want to truly do it yourself or you'll never quit, and he doesn't want to, so I can't make him. He's made me promise him though that if I start seeing bad changes in him then I have to make him stop.

He knows deep down I don't like him doing it, but that doesnt make him him, he is him for him, not that.:rolleyes:
    Soo you're saying, she wants me to be me, why did I post this thread, I should just ask her I guess. :laugh: It's just draining discussing it I guess, makes me feel tired.

ReputationRep:
    "Why do people do drugs?" I'm assuming she just doesn't get drug culture or tired them before.

"I don't get why anyone would want to be like that?" As you said, the girl in the video was a mess head. I'm a drug user, and I wouldn't want to get that messy!

Yeah, she probably does want you to stop, but she's not going to ask you to stop. She knows that's you call. She may well look down on stoners, but tbf, we can be lazy *******s at times. I understand why she would.

As for being open with her, if she asks, be honest, but if she hasn't asked, she probably doesn't want to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I quoted you because you seem friendly, helpful and clever. Can you give me your insight on this? I'll rep you, aaannnd add you to my buddy list and spy on you for the next year incase someone cyber bullies you. :laugh:
    Ok so here's the thing, I'm having a bit of fun at the moment (Legal fun too, so you can't lock this thread, lolz). She's probably coming around tonight for the night, and we're proper in love she's crazy about me and calls me the perfect person all the time and I say the same, I ******* love her. We've both looked after each other when we were steaming paralytic drunk so I don't know, that puts my mind at ease a bit because normally people create a bit of distance form me when I'm in the state. I just feel like drugs are a MASSIVE part of me, it's been in my low points of life and my high points, past and present. I just feel like I'ma big secret if I keep it to myself I've never even told my best friend the complete truth.

So she'll come around later (I'll be stone sober by then) and I'll potentate a converstation about drugs, then come out clean what I've been doing today and tell her about my history IFshe asks about it, hopefully she will. Does this sound like a good/sensible idea??? Take the converstation where it goes? I feel it's a bit of a gamble, like I just won £100,000 and now I'm gambling it to win £1,000,000 and I don't know what the odds are, BUT I could walk away with only £5000, you know what I mean by that?

So, good idea? Wish me luck? I have a big list of drugs I've done, if the situation seems right should I show her it? Explain what the drugs are and do? I trust her, she's an honest/understand girl and I think she'll realise I've been doing drugs long enough and they've kind of made me who I am today. yay? nay? I sound gay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupid Stunt)
    Ok so here's the thing, I'm having a bit of fun at the moment (Legal fun too, so you can't lock this thread, lolz). She's probably coming around tonight for the night, and we're proper in love she's crazy about me and calls me the perfect person all the time and I say the same, I ******* love her. We've both looked after each other when we were steaming paralytic drunk so I don't know, that puts my mind at ease a bit because normally people create a bit of distance form me when I'm in the state. I just feel like drugs are a MASSIVE part of me, it's been in my low points of life and my high points, past and present. I just feel like I'ma big secret if I keep it to myself I've never even told my best friend the complete truth.

So she'll come around later (I'll be stone sober by then) and I'll potentate a converstation about drugs, then come out clean what I've been doing today and tell her about my history IFshe asks about it, hopefully she will. Does this sound like a good/sensible idea??? Take the converstation where it goes? I feel it's a bit of a gamble, like I just won £100,000 and now I'm gambling it to win £1,000,000 and I don't know what the odds are, BUT I could walk away with only £5000, you know what I mean by that?

So, good idea? Wish me luck? I have a big list of drugs I've done, if the situation seems right should I show her it? Explain what the drugs are and do? I trust her, she's an honest/understand girl and I think she'll realise I've been doing drugs long enough and they've kind of made me who I am today. yay? nay? I sound gay?
    The bit in bold makes me think you've got little to worry about tbh.

If you feel that you need to tell her these things, then by all means, tell her. She may be surprised, but she'll appreciate the honesty from you.

I wouldn't show her the list though... that'd be akin to showing her a list of girl's names if you know what I mean. Just tell her. If she has questions, be honest, don't blanket things over. If you had a bad trip, tell her, if it was awesome, let her know.

I don't see this as a gamble at all. She'll probably be really quite happy about it in the long run!

I've got a mate in a similar situation to you, and whilst his partner isn't really pro-drugs, she'd rather have him be open and honest than deceitful.

Good luck mate. And no, you don't sound gay! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're an "exception to the rule".

ReputationRep:

I wish you all the luck in the world with this conversation with her, and really admire that you see the need to be open, honest and hope to make her feel comfortable with your lifestyle. I really respect what you're doing and I hope it goes well for you xxx

ReputationRep:
    What I, personally got from this post:

1. I do drugs
    2. I have a girlfriend who I have sex with
    3. I work out
    4. Please think I'm cool for above reasons

My advice; grow up, stop ****** yourself up in ways that nature never intended and act like a normal human being.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    The bit in bold makes me think you've got little to worry about tbh.

If you feel that you need to tell her these things, then by all means, tell her. She may be surprised, but she'll appreciate the honesty from you.

I wouldn't show her the list though... that'd be akin to showing her a list of girl's names if you know what I mean. Just tell her. If she has questions, be honest, don't blanket things over. If you had a bad trip, tell her, if it was awesome, let her know.

I don't see this as a gamble at all. She'll probably be really quite happy about it in the long run!

I've got a mate in a similar situation to you, and whilst his partner isn't really pro-drugs, she'd rather have him be open and honest than deceitful.

Good luck mate. And no, you don't sound gay! :p:
    Cheers mate, yea I was thinking the same thing and that post re-assured me. I don't think I've got anything to worry about we've talked about a lot of stuff we never tell anyone else so it's all cool. I'll post back how it goes and send rep your way tomorrow as a little thanks. :p:

I'll just be open and go with the flow of the conversation because her cousin (my best friend) would have probably mentioned a few things about this already, so hopefully she won't be too surprised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by . sav .)
    I wish you all the luck in the world with this conversation with her, and really admire that you see the need to be open, honest and hope to make her feel comfortable with your lifestyle. I really respect what you're doing and I hope it goes well for you xxx
    Ahhh thank you I just read this and it made me smile. I hope she'll also appreciate it and I'll let you know how it goes, hope all goes well with your life and all. Peace and thanks for taking time to write that, it was a nice read. xxx :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by . sav .)
    Ahhh thank you I just read this and it made me smile. I hope she'll also appreciate it and I'll let you know how it goes, hope all goes well with your life and all. Peace and thanks for taking time to write that, it was a nice read. xxx

You'll get rep in 2 days time with a nice message. :p:

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, i'm in exactly the same position. Just don't involve her in your drug use side of life. Some girls are just completely 'ignorant' to anything that breaks the law because of some silly up bringing in their fantasy lands. Weed makes her tired and so she sees no point in it, she never laughed her ass off and she never pranged out horribly to then go into a fit of giggles like me.
    It's fair enough really, you try something, you don't like it, what's the point in doing it again?
    Just tell her the truth, say that it should be no big deal and that what you do is what you do because you want to.

Drugs are a very complicated issue. Of course some have their highs and some have their lows but at the end of the day it's like the first time you tried a fag or a beer. They are going to be more different than anything you've ever had before, drugs i think are for more open people. Just don't start doing addictive drugs because thats when the addiction becomes a greater significance to you than your girlfriend.

If you love her and she loves you, it will work she will understand and she will be grateful you told her. Just find out her true opinions.

ReputationRep:

My girlfriend knew before she met me that I do drugs but I'm a sensible guy, she said that she didn't want me to change anything for her and that I can stick to my usual ways if I wanted. But then we watched videos of some girl from school who's a bit of a mess head and she was like "why do people do drugs?" and "I don't get why anyone would want to be like that?"

So I'm getting mixed feelings, do you think she secretly would hate it if I do drugs? She's pretty straight forward and she said herself she doesn't mind than she says this. I just don't want her getting scared or something. She doesn't mind if I smoke weed, but she does look down on people who are stoned everyday. I don't know what to make of this????

Maybe she's trying to be kind to me but deep down she'll not like me for doing it, any thoughts? No stereotypical things, I want like, girl mind reading people to post please. Thanks you.

Do you think I should be open about the drugs I've done? I've got a fat list, but I don't want to scare her away, and since I've met her I've stopped but sometimes I like to have a bit of fun.
    Isn't paranoia a common side effect of drug taking...

ReputationRep:
    What drugs do you take and how regular.

You said in one post you would be "stone sober" by the time your girlfriend comes round, does this mean you was drunk at 2pm?

What do you think she wants? I can see why some people may have a "line of coke" on the weekend or a "spliff" after a hard days works. But I am against drugs and have seen their outcome. It usually leads one way.

You say drugs are a massive part of your life, do you work? What do you do with yourself?
    Have you considered stopping doing drugs? Or do you feel your better with them?

ReputationRep:
    Judging from your opening story, is it not a possibility that she dislikes the effect constant use has, but doesn't mind you having the odd joint here and there? For example she might look down on stoners as smoking weed every day can eventually turn you into a boring, slow, lazy person whether you're stoned or not. However, she might not mind you doing the odd pill/ smoking the odd joint/ whatever it is you get up to as if it stays relatively casual and infrequent it shouldn't affect who you are when you're sober. Basically, its the difference between having a habit and being a recreational user.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh thank you I just read this and it made me smile. I hope she'll also appreciate it and I'll let you know how it goes, hope all goes well with your life and all. Peace and thanks for taking time to write that, it was a nice read. xxx

You'll get rep in 2 days time with a nice message. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif
    Thanks but it was sincere and genuine and I mean it, so dont feel you should, I'm not rep hunting.
    Just look after yourself and at all times and remember that you love your girlfriend more than the drugs. When that balance starts to change, thats when you should rethink.
    Smile, enjoy life. All the best. xxx

ReputationRep:
    It's quite a difficult question mate. My girlfriend knows and indulges in drugs with me sometimes, which I feel is the best situation. A friend of mine has to keep all his drug use a secret because his girlfriend wants to be a piggy, which is a royal pain in his ass. Another friend is going out with a girl that is a wreck head like him and that is just a recipe for disaster I feel.

ReputationRep:
    This is difficult because we can't read her mind.

How long have you been dating for? If it's a few weeks/months then yeah she might be trying to be nice to you so you won't run away.

From the word go honestly will be the best policy... I think it's far better to know about your history with drugs upfront than find out about it a year down the line and been lied to. It sounds like she'll be fine tbh from your post. And if she needs time to chew it over then let her have it.

Hope all goes well

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.