Turn on thread page Beta

Would you sell your eggs/sperm ... watch

• View Poll Results: Would you sell your eggs/sperm to pay student debts?
    Yes
    55.56%
    No
    44.44%

ReputationRep:
    to pay your student debts?

ReputationRep:
    No :smile: I'd rather know my kids than have them walking around everywhere without me knowing..

ReputationRep:
    I would not sell my potential children, no.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, as long as I could find out what was done with it.

No i care little for student debts. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think I would have done before, but, now it's not anonymous, I doubt I would

ReputationRep:
    Once I've had a few children of my own, so I could guarantee I wasn't throwing away all my chances, yes. Not specifically to pay off student debt, but because I'd have no need for them and other people might.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh for the right price.

ReputationRep:
    No - I wouldn't like thought of there being children out there that are biologically mine (if that makes any sense :s )

ReputationRep:
    There are always people who want to have children but cannot for certain reasons such as infertility of the male in the relationship, in which case i'd be happy to if the chance came up. However, I would object to selling sperm to women who have kids for fun or anyone whom I think would not be able to raise the child properly.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a nice gesture, helping couples who can't concieve but I wouldn't give my own sperm. It's just weird knowing there'd be kids out there that are mine

ReputationRep:
    It depends what they were for, if the eggs were used to create children then not. However, if they were used for scientific research where there was no chance of offspring then I'd consider it.

Well if it was used for a baby, probably not, because they'd end up getting a kid they hadn't bargained for :p:

But for research and sich, sure, why not?

ReputationRep:
    Not for student debts but if it were fairly easy to carry out I might. I saw a documentary on BBC Three called The Great Sperm Crisis. It opened my eyes to the lack of sperm donors available to those couples who cannot conceive their own children. Due to the change in the law regarding the children being able to trace their father when they turn 18, many mistakenly thinking they might have to provide money to help them. From memory they said that there isn't even any sperm donors in Northern Ireland at the time of filming.

Out for the Count

ReputationRep:
    nooo way

ReputationRep:
    No, but if my friend asked me to sex his girlfriend to get her pregnant because he couldn't, I'd be more than willing. :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was illegal to sell sperm and eggs in this country?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you can now only get "expenses", which were a decent amount for a sperm donor, but nowhere near good enough compensation for the procedure a woman would have to go through in order to donate her eggs.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I would. I think it's a nice thing to do for somebody.

ReputationRep:
    Probably would.

ReputationRep:
    Watching Loose Women I take it? But no, I wouldn't.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.