Turn on thread page Beta

I’m considering a career in psychology. But I need to get ABB I don’t have A levels which I thinking of studying for the next two year and I need to sit GCSE exams in maths, English and get a grade C.
    But is it worth as that hassle?? Is it worth doing, I’m so worried thinking about it. But I want to get on to that course....
    what should I DO??:eek3:

thnx

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but this sounds like a very poor troll attempt.

If you are for real, then why do you want to do a course in psychology? Also for any other decent course at a decent university, which you need to increase your career prospects, you likely need ABB, so really get your act together and work, so yes, it is worth the hassle if you want to have better job prospects.

ReputationRep:
    Actually most universites for psychology require a minimum of a B in English language and maths. Also like c2uk said, if this is for real and not a troll then you shouldn't need to ask anyone else as to whether its worth it, you should have your own reasons for wanting to study it at degree level for three years of your life. (e.g. because you enjoy it etc.) You'd need to work for any degree at a good university really.

ReputationRep:
    you dont need ABB in A levels, it will depend on what university you would want to go to, if you feel these requirements are out of your reach then i would suggest lowering your standards for university. If you really wanted to do the course at that specific uni then work hard to get there, if you want something that much, you should put the effort in

ReputationRep:
    This has to be a very personal discussion - everyone's career will take them in a different direction. Minimum requirements for entry in to universities is usually a grade C in English and Maths, but this does vary depending on the course. You could study with the Open University - they require no formal entry qualifications, only a commitment to the chosen course. It is worth thinking about whether this is the right choice for you though.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.