Turn on thread page Beta

If I don't like singstar or Guitar Hero, then I won't like Rockband. watch

• View Poll Results: If I don't like singstar or Guitar Hero, then I won't like Rockband
    Yep. You're right Kag.
    90.00%
    No. You're wrong.
    10.00%

ReputationRep:
    Poll included. Agree or disagree with the stated statement.

My friend had a little tiff with me after I said "I won't like Rockband" claiming that i've never played it, therefore cannot just assume I won't like it. I've played Guitar Hero and Singstar before and viewed the whole concept of it to be utter ******** encrusted in *****. The beauty of gaming is the freedom of doing whatever you want and make it as fantastical as you can - not being told what to do, when to do it and how to do it (that being said, I rock at Singstar... ish).

Question for you to decide. Will I like Rockband if I hated Guitar Hero and disliked Singstar?

ReputationRep:
    Doubt you'd like it very much at all.

ReputationRep:
    They're very similar [Guitar Hero and Rock Band], you'll probably dislike it if you don't play it for the songs.

ReputationRep:
    Well you might not - but you never know until you try it so give it a go

ReputationRep:
    Agreed.

I used to hate GH, then I liked it for a while, not I hate it again. RB only made me want to play that style of game again for a few different tracks, mainly being the Portal song.

(Original post by Kagutsuchi)

My friend had a little tiff with me after I said "I won't like Rockband" claiming that i've never played it, therefore cannot just assume I won't like it. I've played Guitar Hero and Singstar before and viewed the whole concept of it to be utter ******** encrusted in *****. The beauty of gaming is the freedom of doing whatever you want and make it as fantastical as you can - not being told what to do, when to do it and how to do it (that being said, I rock at Singstar... ish).

Question for you to decide. Will I like Rockband if I hated Guitar Hero and disliked Singstar?
    To answer your question in short: probably not. It's a very similar genre and there's nothing wrong with making an assumption. However you could just try it anyway, just in case you do enjoy it.

I just thought I'd point out that I don't agree with the statement in red. I think the beauty of gaming as a whole is just playing whatever you enjoy playing, no matter what it is. But we all have different opinions. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    You could try drums?
    But I doubt you'd like RB if you don't like the others, although RB is better compared to GH.
    There's no harm in trying it anyway just in case :/

ReputationRep:
    Yep, if you don't like Guitar Hero or Sing Star, you won't like Rock Band. Pretty much common sense.

ReputationRep:
    Doubt it, it's basically the same game but with a different name

ReputationRep:
    The concept is almost exactly the same, so no, you won't.

ReputationRep:
    who gives a ****, if your mate has the game at least play it for 10 minutes and find out don't be the "I HATE IT BECAUSE I HATE SOMETHING SIMILAR" guy. that's so lame. surely you like some of the songs on rock band just try drums or something, that's fun. why would you even make a thread about this, why wouldn't you just try the game for 10 minutes and find out if you like it. jesus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)

who gives a ****, if your mate has the game at least play it for 10 minutes and find out don't be the "I HATE IT BECAUSE I HATE SOMETHING SIMILAR" guy. that's so lame. surely you like some of the songs on rock band just try drums or something, that's fun. why would you even make a thread about this, why wouldn't you just try the game for 10 minutes and find out if you like it. jesus. the beauty of gaming is having fun, rock band is so much more fun than guitar hero or singstar because you're all together playing and having a laugh. maybe if you weren't the type to make a thread about something instead of just trying it you'd know

ReputationRep:
    Well, maybe you'd like drums? That's different.

ReputationRep:
    If you can play guitar then i doubt you'd like it

Maybe the drums are good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impsmith)
    who gives a ****, if your mate has the game at least play it for 10 minutes and find out don't be the "I HATE IT BECAUSE I HATE SOMETHING SIMILAR" guy. that's so lame. surely you like some of the songs on rock band just try drums or something, that's fun. why would you even make a thread about this, why wouldn't you just try the game for 10 minutes and find out if you like it. jesus. the beauty of gaming is having fun, rock band is so much more fun than guitar hero or singstar because you're all together playing and having a laugh. maybe if you weren't the type to make a thread about something instead of just trying it you'd know
    1 - Learn to edit your posts.

2 - I made this thread because I wanted to. :indiff: The same way you came in here and decided to be a complete prick. :cute:

3 - "lame" should never ever ever ever ever be used as an adjective.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 28, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.