The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm not worried about uni, I'm worried about not making freind and ending up stuck in my room all the time, I'm really really bad at talking to new people >.< and I hate clubs lol.....
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Emzybobs
I'm not worried about uni, I'm worried about not making freind and ending up stuck in my room all the time, I'm really really bad at talking to new people >.< and I hate clubs lol.....

You'll be fine ^^ you not been/going on flying start? I used to be crap at talking to new people but I had to this last year otherwise i would have been on my own but i have some great friends now =]
Reply 22
Emzybobs

All freshers are going to be in the same position as you, just say hey to people, we'll all be feeling excited and a bit nervous about uni and making friends. Join societies, talk to your flatmates when you move in, talk to people in flats in your block, smile and say hi to people in lectures. You are bound to meet someone you get along with.

Also, I'm terrible with first impressions and talking to new people, but you just have to have no shame about it. People will either forget about initial awkwardness or use it as an inside joke later on in your friendship.
Reply 23
I am insanely nervous... Im coming all the way from California!!
Reply 24
BrittC007

Cant believe your coming to the UK and leaving california behind ! :smile:
Reply 25
Echoplex
All freshers are going to be in the same position as you, just say hey to people, we'll all be feeling excited and a bit nervous about uni and making friends. Join societies, talk to your flatmates when you move in, talk to people in flats in your block, smile and say hi to people in lectures. You are bound to meet someone you get along with.

Also, I'm terrible with first impressions and talking to new people, but you just have to have no shame about it. People will either forget about initial awkwardness or use it as an inside joke later on in your friendship.

Technically Im not a fresher but I am lol I did foundation entry last year but failed so I'm doing Foundation Art this year, I made no freinds last year probably because I got scared and decided to learn to knit insted (yeah I knit :-P) and i sorta ended up staying in alot just knitting.....

This year I'm gonna try harder :-)
Reply 26
Emzybobs
Technically Im not a fresher but I am lol I did foundation entry last year but failed so I'm doing Foundation Art this year, I made no freinds last year probably because I got scared and decided to learn to knit insted (yeah I knit :-P) and i sorta ended up staying in alot just knitting.....

This year I'm gonna try harder :-)

Knit me some socks and I'll personally force you to come out and make friends. Seriously :h:
Reply 27
The first day is nerve racking, but its over so quickly. I'm the WORST person for talking to new people, and I managed fine. I've met so many people over the year and still meeting people now.

Just enjoy yourself. I'm so jealous of everyone starting this year, I want to do it all again!
Reply 28
BrittC007

Wow, that's going to be a serious weather change. :P
Reply 29
Dave_
Knit me some socks and I'll personally force you to come out and make friends. Seriously :h:

1) What size are you?

2) what Yarn you want them made out of?

3) can you wait a few weeks while i figure out how to shape heels?

LOL:woo:
Reply 30
Emzybobs
1) What size are you?

2) what Yarn you want them made out of?

3) can you wait a few weeks while i figure out how to shape heels?

LOL:woo:

1) 9

2) What the hades is yarn? I'm not down with the knitting terminology unfortunately :frown:

3) I can wait as long as necessary for knitted socks tbh, though if you got them done by the 15th of September, or around that time, they could double as the best birthday gift ever :h:
Reply 31
Dave_
1) 9

2) What the hades is yarn? I'm not down with the knitting terminology unfortunately :frown:

3) I can wait as long as necessary for knitted socks tbh, though if you got them done by the 15th of September, or around that time, they could double as the best birthday gift ever :h:

atm I owe my bf a pair and I think he'll be a bit upset if i make some for someone I've never met before first lol.

Yarn is the stuff I knit the socks out of, usually called wool lol :-P
Reply 32
Emzybobs
atm I owe my bf a pair and I think he'll be a bit upset if i make some for someone I've never met before first lol.

Yarn is the stuff I knit the socks out of, usually called wool lol :-P

Boyfriend can so wait, internet randomer obviously more important :P

Aaaah, can you do patterns? I like patterns.
Reply 33
Dave_
Boyfriend can so wait, internet randomer obviously more important :P

Aaaah, can you do patterns? I like patterns.

I can do patterns :-) lol Bf has been waiting a month already
Reply 34
Emzybobs
I can do patterns :-) lol Bf has been waiting a month already

In that case have you ever read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire? I want socks like the ones Dobby knitted for him in that, which I will happily describe properly if you haven't got a clue what I'm on about :h:

Haha fair enough, can't blame me for trying.
Reply 35
Dave_
In that case have you ever read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire? I want socks like the ones Dobby knitted for him in that, which I will happily describe properly if you haven't got a clue what I'm on about :h:

Haha fair enough, can't blame me for trying.

LOL Dobby socks!!! I'll go get the book from my room later and have a read :-)
Reply 36
Emzybobs
LOL Dobby socks!!! I'll go get the book from my room later and have a read :-)

As if you know what they are, actually love you now :yep:

In that case the description is in the Yule Ball chapter. I've just read through it again and actually wished I knew someone who could knit at that point so I could have the socks. Internet making all my dreams come true :*)
Reply 37
Dave_
As if you know what they are, actually love you now :yep:

In that case the description is in the Yule Ball chapter. I've just read through it again and actually wished I knew someone who could knit at that point so I could have the socks. Internet making all my dreams come true :*)

I'm so going to get that book right now!!

:colone:dit: My sister packed them away when I moved out for uni last year *cries* Theres soooo many boxies :-(((
Reply 38
Emzybobs
I'm so going to get that book right now!!

:colone:dit: My sister packed them away when I moved out for uni last year *cries* Theres soooo many boxies :-(((

Beat your sister up tbh, a fitting punishment for a terrible crime :frown:
Reply 39
Dave_
Beat your sister up tbh, a fitting punishment for a terrible crime :frown:

LOL no she had every right to pack my stuff away and claim the room as her own, I'll find it in the morning :-) and get reading!

Unless you can just give me a description lol

Latest

Trending

Trending