Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hey guys,

    I just recently foung out that I have been given an unconditional offer(it used to be conditional but was changed to unconditional 2-3 days ago) so I am guessing I have been guaranteed a spot at UoM. I chose the computer systems engineering BEng course which is 3 years and since I have just gotten my place I have been looking at other courses as well and theres a computer systems engineering MEng which is a 4 year course and now I am kinda confused. I was planning on doing the BEng degree first and then a 1 or 2 year MEng degree but since the MEng is clearly a 4 year course I have no idea how this all works.
    Right now I am just making assumptions and I think that the MEng degree consists of both the BEng and the MEng so I would like to know if it is possible to switch to the MEng course.

    Also about accomodation, I am thinking of taking Richmond>Woolton>Hulme, I would like the hall to be catered and ensuite but since only a few of the halls are catered and only one of them has ensuites I am left with the uncatered ones and catered+standard ones. I am a social person and am planning on studying as well as hanging out with friends several times a week, I am not really a fan of parties 24/7 so I ruled out OH and OP.
    I read the whole 19 page accomodation thread and found that richmond is like the best place to live at since it has a good social life and the rooms are big. Pretty much the same for woolton, although it is a bit more loud than richmond and then hulmes which is the loudest among the three. Do you think this info is correct? also are these the right choices for me?
    One last question, do other international students take these halls as well or just the UK ones, cuz I have read that most int. people just live in the city campus?

    I would also greatly appreciate any info on my course(Comp. Sys. Eng. BEng) is it like intensive where you have to work all the time or is it an easy course, also does anyone know how many people usually take this course(dont wanna end up with like 20 nerds).

    Thanks a lot for reading through this post, please do reply if you have any info.

    • Thread Starter

    Nvm mind the question about switching, called the undergrad. office and they explained all that. Please answer my questions regarding the accomodations if possible!
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 27, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. University of Manchester
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.