Hairy
    38.31%
    Too much make-up
    30.24%
    I'm a girl and curious
    35.08%

ReputationRep:
    My biggest turnoff in insecurity.

I know everyone's insecure and there's no avoiding that, but so many times I've dated girls and they said something really self-depricating or asked me to reassure them they look okay (not in a flirty way, but in a "I feel terrible" way). If the insecurities come out too soon it feels like they'd settle for any guy who says nice things about them, which is definitely a MASSIVE turn-off. I'd rather not feel like an agony aunt after a few dates.

Out of the list, I'd say religious. I'm not religious, but many of my friends are quite strictly religious and it occassionally grates on me. So I'd rather not get into a relationship with a girl who lets a religion dictate her lifestyle, it'd be 10-fold worse. I don't like the feeling of having to pussyfoot round subjects like evolution and god for fear of hurting someone's feelings.

ReputationRep:
    Horrible accents. See the annoying 25 year old on "Young, Dumb and Living Off Mum".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Girls who are say size 8 but have flabby bellies, bingo wings etc, generally as they eat rubbish, drink to much and as such are small but have very little muscle mass but a high bodyfat %
    Ohh! Ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushaboom)
    Please someone explain what is wrong with being a feminist

Many feminists are seen as anti-male, and the quest for males and females to be equal in every way is frankly silly, since we are fundementally different. Women are different to men.

Women who have a backbone and don't take **** which they truly don't deserve however, is an appreciable quality.

(Original post by Svenjamin)
    My biggest turnoff in insecurity.

I know everyone's insecure and there's no avoiding that, but so many times I've dated girls and they said something really self-depricating or asked me to reassure them they look okay (not in a flirty way, but in a "I feel terrible" way). If the insecurities come out too soon it feels like they'd settle for any guy who says nice things about them, which is definitely a MASSIVE turn-off. I'd rather not feel like an agony aunt after a few dates.

Out of the list, I'd say religious. I'm not religious, but many of my friends are quite strictly religious and it occassionally grates on me. So I'd rather not get into a relationship with a girl who lets a religion dictate her lifestyle, it'd be 10-fold worse. I don't like the feeling of having to pussyfoot round subjects like evolution and god for fear of hurting someone's feelings.

I agree with the first part, insecurity is a great turn-off. Totally different to being shy.

I also partly agree with the first part. Being religious is not a problem, but when it interferes with the relationship or anything else it gets annoying

ReputationRep:
    I didn't put my biggest turn-off in the poll. 'Fickleness', when women become love-struck when they get a compliment from an attractive guy. When they don't realise he's really saying "I want to **** you, even though you have a boyfriend".

Kinda thing makes me rage. Even though I know it wont lead to anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davy-Jones)
    definitely hairy :puke:
    Women are just not supposed to be hairy, that's for men! :mad: It's just the biggest turn off. Besides, bad personality traits i.e. *****y, childish can be changed. Same goes for chubbiness/skinnyness, that can be changed too. Small boobs and a flat ass is no real big deal nowadays, surgery is becoming the norm. Plus there are many girls (particularly models) who are flat chested but still look good.
    The only one that can't be changed it the hairyness, it can be shaved/waxed but once hairy always hairy! :eek3: can't change the rate of hair production/growth. I feel sick now it's just so nasty :sad:
    I dont understand
    Every girl has hair, some have less but no women are born with none =/
    What about arm hair? I dont know anyone who removes that, if that makes you vomit every time you see it you wont get on with many girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisha.doshi)
    :facepalm: Why the **** has feminist got so many votes?
    Because all feminists are hairy, man hating women who wear birkenstocks and don't shave...obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkflamingoes)
    How the hell can you do that... im a girl and have absolutely no idea.. wtf.
    It happens mostly accidentally, I think. Sometimes during sex, but I don't think women who queef are actually in control of their inhalation of air via their vagine...I think it just sort of happens.

EDIT: I stand corrected, I read a post that said someone used to do it on purpose at school?! Gross. I feel ill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natasha_c)
    I dont understand
    Every girl has hair, some have less but no women are born with none =/
    What about arm hair? I dont know anyone who removes that, if that makes you vomit every time you see it you wont get on with many girls.
    Yeah obviously ever human being has hair. I'm talking about being hairy, meaning excess hair in places it shouldn't be i.e. facial hair, and extra hairy legs and arms. Not every girl has the same amount of hair, I don't mind the ones who have as much hair as girls normally should have. It's the ones with jungles all over their face and legs which grosses me out :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    Many feminists are seen as anti-male, and the quest for males and females to be equal in every way is frankly silly, since we are fundementally different. Women are different to men.

Women who have a backbone and don't take **** which they truly don't deserve however, is an appreciable quality.
    The whole point of feminism is that it’s accepted that there ARE differences between men and women and that they are not anti-male (that would be misandry not feminism). Men-hating women who call themselves feminists are giving feminists a bad name

I suppose it’s more along the line of "having a backbone"...which I hope most people would share your sentiments on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davy-Jones)
    Yeah obviously ever human being has hair. I'm talking about being hairy, meaning excess hair in places it shouldn't be i.e. facial hair, and extra hairy legs and arms. Not every girl has the same amount of hair, I don't mind the ones who have as much hair as girls normally should have. It's the ones with jungles all over their face and legs which grosses me out :puke:
    What's the difference between leg hair and forearm hair? Who decided that leg hair was "disgusting" and not acceptable? Why is it ok for you to have leg hair and not us?

ReputationRep:
    What's the difference between leg hair and forearm hair? Who decided that leg hair was "disgusting" and not acceptable? Why is it ok for you to have leg hair and not us?
    yeah and why cant men have massive flabby boobs!

sigh

ReputationRep:
    It just looks more sexy to not have any. It's your choice whether you shave it or not. Women create this problem, not men.

ReputationRep:
    farts, flat ass (don't mind small boobs), hairy, ugly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    On the internet all the men are men, all the women are men, and all the children are FBI agents.
    :eek3:

(Original post by nouvelle_vague)
    Because all feminists are hairy, man hating women who wear birkenstocks and don't shave...obviously.
    Ah but of course. Every man's nightmare. You forgot the fat ankles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisha.doshi)
    Ah but of course. Every man's nightmare. You forgot the fat ankles.
    Oh yeah I did, and the multiple chins!

ReputationRep:
    *****y, fussy, conceited, controlling, needing constant entertainment and not pausing for anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navras)
    It just looks more sexy to not have any. It's your choice whether you shave it or not. Women create this problem, not men.
    I'd probably agree with you if the post wasn't full of men saying that hairy women are ugly. But surely if women are under the impression that men find women who don't shave/wax/epilate etc unattractive, then surely it is men who created the problem, and women via means of the media etc perpetuate it only as a result of the initial male complaint?

Not that I'm in anyway sticking up for the media intrusion into women's lives, I'm just saying. Personally I think it's just history and how society has dictated it through time; natural progression, just like wearing perfume and cologne too?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl but I voted since I have my own ideas

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.