Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are cities in the UK getting bigger? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about this, I think it is true. For example London has plans to actually to get bigger. There ar eplans I heard to create a city in east London the size of Leeds, and join that with the city london...

In Manchester it seem to get bigger, Manchester tomorrow will stretch from Sport City to Salford Quays, and will intergrate Rushole and the universities further to this I wont be suprise if it expanded...

Liverpool seems to get bigger as well...It plan to create retail, office leisure activities on the wirral, create new york/new jersey type of thing...

I even heard plans where eventually Manchester and Liverpool hope to become a supercity, it is underway at the moment...

ReputationRep:
    Urbanisation?

ReputationRep:
    Are you serious!?!

ReputationRep:
    Of course they're getting bigger. Our population is rising and immigrants sure as hell aren't settling in the Yorkshire Dales.

ReputationRep:
    London can't get bigger, the green belt prevents it from doing so, thats why it hasn't sprawled even further out. The only thing it can do is build upwards and rennovate derelict areas and how the heck do you create a new city in East London. If it's East London, then it's already part of London and not a new city.

The mind boggles.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.