Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do most girls seem to want a slim toned body? watch

ReputationRep:
    It looks better. Everyone knows that.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes, and only sometimes, it's because they want people to go 'omg you're so skinny' or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    You can be bigger boned and beautiful, it doesn't mean pile on loads round the waist and get fat though, to be honest I think its slightly shameful that people are not only accepting but happy to be over-weight, I say this in the least shallow way possible but it isn't attractive to most guys & even if you don't want to look nice for a guy if you look in the mirror and see a whale looking back because you've been lazy or over indulgent with food, one shouldn't feel proud and happy. Well I'm glad there's some girls who do care anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by co_co_vogue)
    It looks better. Everyone knows that.

The second part of that statement is immature. I don't think "everyone" has the same opinion on anything.

ReputationRep:
    I have never been slim and toned, and I hate my body. Its tough to try and achieve the perfect body when your time is pretty much consumed by counting the disgusting rolls of fat you have when you sit down. I would love to be confident and comfortable with my body.. which i would say is why most people desire it.

ReputationRep:
    Completely unrelated to guys, most of us just want to feel better about ourselves! Which is harder to do when there's rolls of cellulite involved..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willyhelmx)
    The second part of that statement is immature. I don't think "everyone" has the same opinion on anything.
    Theyre aernt many or any people who dont want a slim and toned body.

ReputationRep:
    It looks healthier and is more attractive to the majority of people. I can run faster, walk for longer and I'm generally a lot better at sport since I lost weight. Obviously there is such a thing as being too thin, but I don't understand how people could not want to be slim, toned and fit. I feel a million times better now than I did when I was size 16.

ReputationRep:
    nearly everyone wants to be slim and toned, including guys

ReputationRep:
    "It's not a look; it's a lifestyle."

or something like that. I want it for health mainly + to look better in clothes XD

ReputationRep:
    Clothes fit a toned body better. I'm by no means fat but a slightly awkward shape and have largish thighs and love handles. If I was a bit more toned then most things on the high street would look really good on me, as it is they just don't fit me right. I am generally very happy with the way I look but it would be nice to be in better shape, not just for guys but so that I knew I was in good health and fitness. I know that might not be true for everyone but it is for me!

ReputationRep:
    because slim and toned looks good...simple as...

ReputationRep:
    because girls lack intelligence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous,)
    Is it just to attract guys? I find this hard to believe because plenty of girls with a naturally large body find nice boyfriends and girls know this! I was just wondering if this is the actual reason or do many girls want to be slim/toned/small boned because of a reason unrelated to guys such as it feels better, they will be better at sport ..or just looks better to them maybe?

I know that some girls are happy being volumptous maybe to them being bigger boned and having more body volume looks nicer.
    Because I'd prefer not to be fat and untoned?

Not that I'm that toned, but I'd choose slim and toned anyday

ReputationRep:
    Because it looks better, makes the person appear fitter and healthier.

Note, this is 'slim and toned', not 'emaciated and pale'.

ReputationRep:
    because slim, toned girls are better looking it's quite simple

ReputationRep:
    Because it's healthy and attractive.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.