Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Like If you donate your sperm like students do , do you get like tracked down and then like sued for like child benefit and like stuff like that?

ReputationRep:
    You mean for maintenance payments for the child, I think. And no, as far as I am aware.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    You mean for maintenance payments for the child, I think. And no, as far as I am aware.

Is it legal for me to sell my baby?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy Kid)
    You're selling sperm, not a foetus. It's effectively no different to giving blood, just a different end product.

ReputationRep:
    Paint it brown and hope Madonna shows interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    You're selling sperm, not a foetus. It's effectively no different to giving blood, just a different end product.

Can u sell blood?

ReputationRep:
    like like like like like like like

ReputationRep:
    Can u sell blood?
    Most people donate blood.

ReputationRep:
    You donate it in the UK. Can you sell sperm?

ReputationRep:
    Rubbish troll is rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    The child can meet you after the age of 18 should he/she desire to do so. You have no financial obligation to them however.

ReputationRep:
    Like If you donate your sperm like students do , do you get like tracked down and then like sued for like child benefit and like stuff like that?
    First of all, you may want to rephrase this so you sound even slightly intellectual. Failing that, no you don't have to pay maintenance to the child, or family that use your sperm. The child does however have the right to come and fine you when they are 18 if they have been told they were the product of sperm donation.

ReputationRep:
    Cant sell sperm in the UK

ReputationRep:
    I can understand saying 'like' but writing it is a different thing.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm....can't be too many people 'donating' sperm if they can track you down in 18 years time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impervious)
    The child can meet you after the age of 18 should he/she desire to do so. You have no financial obligation to them however.
    Why is this the case?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Why is this the case?
    Not sure the goverment changed the law a couple of years ago. Personally I do not see it as that much of a problem. If I were to donate I would't be worried about meeting my child. I would just tell them to **** off to their parents.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.