Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    OK so I want to go and see Florence and the Machine on the 18th of September, I went to go and buy tickets and it says "PRE SALE ALLOCATION SOLD OUT". That means more tickets will be available, right? But will they only be available on the night? Or will I have to go and get them from the box office?

http://tickets.florenceandthemachine...em.html?ID=138

ReputationRep:
    From my experiance promoters set asside a certain amount of tickets for the pre sale (usually 40% - 80%) which can change depending on demand and then sell a certain amount on the night (or as you said at the box office). Though this might be different if it's a big event, im mostly thinking in terms of smaller sized gigs 100 - 400 capacity type ones. It couldn't do any harm messaging the promoter or checking around the internet/ other ticket sites. hope that helps

I usually use Ticketline to buy tickets in advance, they're information is likely better kept up to date than the bands main site, though looking now they have tickets set as "Please try later" which I'd guess means they will have a second lot or they don't have any tickets currently but it's not sold out.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat except for the Birmingham concert on the 20th. I can only really buy them online as I'm in Ireland. The pre sale allocation release date was the 23rd of June. Any ideas how one could find out when they're releasing more tickets? I've signed up to the artists site, but not sure if that's enough.

Really don't wanna give touts £50 for tickets that cost £13.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ApeXaviour)
    I'm in the same boat except for the Birmingham concert on the 20th. I can only really buy them online as I'm in Ireland. The pre sale allocation release date was the 23rd of June. Any ideas how one could find out when they're releasing more tickets? I've signed up to the artists site, but not sure if that's enough.

Really don't wanna give touts £50 for tickets that cost £13.
    :ditto:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.