Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you think this is a reasonable thing to ask for/talk about on a different forum Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok I was on another forum and needed a replacement PS2 drive, I put up an ad and mentioned that in the meantime I am having to play games off the hard drive but I wish to watch DVDs etc.

I then asked for a Xbox usb cable so I can transfer files without networking to a pc.

The thread was removed saying I was constantly talking about piracy and piracy is not allowed there and I could reask for items if I didnt mention what they were for!

Yet they sell modified consoles all the time, and things like DS flash carts, boot discs to play modified games etc.

What really got me was they told me to read the rules that clearly say piracy is not allowed etc.

I didnt get how wanting a usb cable to transfer data is piracy unless they assume to worst and think I am playing roms of games I dont owe(as it is I am wanting it to transfer copies I made of discs I own)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.