Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    nn

ReputationRep:
    Unless things have changed, some unis will accept AAB for medicine. You could do a biology degree then do GEP medicine which is 4 years after you graduate.

ReputationRep:
    In America Medicine is postgrad only.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justasmalltowngirl)
    ok so ive always wanted to be a doctor and i got all ones at standard grade but last year for my highers i got BBBCB due to my mum being told she had terminal cancer around exam time. i ve just completed my advanced highers and i think ill have got ABC to AAB in chem bio and modern studies. unis have accepted me for normal biology related courses but besides doing 2 degrees is there anyway i can get into medicine? maybe a summer school or something . or would maybe an ameican uni accept me if i did different exam.

thanks for ur help.
    If your AH are ok, could you not take a year out and reapply? Explain to the uni's that your mum's illness affected your performance at Higher and most will understand and be lenient on required Higher grades. Give a few a ring and inquire about them accepting an application from you for 2010 entry.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.