Turn on thread page Beta

What's wrong with hair on women? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sundous)
    Men who dislike women just because of a little hair need to grow up, female body hair is a lot different from male body hair; lesser, not coarse and overall less noticeable than the hair on the male body.

Aside from shaving your armpits, legs and "down there" your body hair should be left alone
    Bit contradicting isn't it? Surely that is body hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r456)
    i find it strange that we all try and deny the fact that what is natural is for women to have some body hair (albeit less than men) there are however some men with very little...no one asks them to get a chest hair wig or doubts their masculinity because of it.Maybe it has something to do with some dark haired women being hairier than fair haired men and issues arising there. I also find that generally its women who do the pressuring
    Oh so true. If women just didn't shave, end of, no men would actually ask for it to be shaved. Also for makeup, etc. it's women who reinforce other women to do it rather than men, so technically they very much do it because of pressure from their peer women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flying Cookie)
    Bit contradicting isn't it? Surely that is body hair.
    Well yeah, you can choose to leave that too...but i'm just being realistic: in today's society leaving the hair in those places is considered "insightful"

and I agree with that. Hairy pits aren't a pretty sight...armhair for example however isn't of the coarse nature that armpithair or pubic hair are

ReputationRep:
    Not really sure where it came from, something to do with hygene perhaps?

Also, a 'hairy' woman isn't always extremely hairy. Like someone said, female hair is completley different to male hair; if I for example was to let my leg hairs grow for a bit you wouldn't be able to tell at all unless you ran your hands up my legs. It's not really a case of if a woman doesn't shave she'll look just like you in a few weeks time :p:

But I agree, body hair is a bit ming on women. It just seems so unfeminine. I find too much hair "down there" (it makes me giggle how everyone keeps saying that) ming too. But on men I prefer hairy men, these metrosexuals with no hair on their chest or a total lack of pubes is a extremely ming too.

EDIT: I'm not really sure why I keep saying 'ming'. I can't seem to stop...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    Physical traits don't often translate well onto the opposite sex, for example:

It's manly to have bodily hair and stubble. The last thing guys want is to be talking to a girl who looks like his best mate.

Boobs. Women have them, men shouldn't. Same with willies in the opposite way.

Etc.
    That's not a good analogy. Men don't have boobs. Women don't have "willies". But both men and women have hair. It's not "suppose women have hair, how gross would that be?" Women have hair already, that hair is on those women, everything women have must be woman-related. So that hair must be feminine because it is on women.

Say you take a non-hairy man and a hairy woman, in that case being hairy is feminine and not masculine because the guy doesn't have hair and the girl does. The point is that the sex determines the features, and not the features the sex. If a woman has hair, having hair is related to women. Not - if a woman has hair, she is a man.

ReputationRep:
    We are socially engineered to believe that female body hair is undesirable and 'unfeminine''. This is a comparitively modern phenomena, beginning around the 1920s with the advent of improved hair removal methods such as safety razors. Personally, I find the pressure placed upon women to remove their natural body hair, unhealthy and disturbing. Women are mammals are they not?

ReputationRep:
    That's not a good analogy. Men don't have boobs. Women don't have "willies". But both men and women have hair. It's not "suppose women have hair, how gross would that be?" Women have hair already, that hair is on those women, everything women have must be woman-related. So that hair must be feminine because it is on women.

Say you take a non-hairy man and a hairy woman, in that case being hairy is feminine and not masculine because the guy doesn't have hair and the girl does. The point is that the sex determines the features, and not the features the sex. If a woman has hair, having hair is related to women. Not - if a woman has hair, she is a man.
    Of course it's not a good analogy; it was exagerrated (the sex organ part, anyway).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by nouvelle_vague)
    But on men I prefer hairy men, these metrosexuals with no hair on their chest or a total lack of pubes is a extremely ming too.
    Yeah but I bet you don't extend this like of hairy men as far as gorilla backs and Neanderthal beards. Which is my point to all these people complain of double standards between male and female body hair: females have limits just like men.

ReputationRep:
    It's not attractive. I don't like hairy men, yuck!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Olivia_Lightbulb)
    We are socially engineered to believe that female body hair is undesirable and 'unfeminine''. This is a comparitively modern phenomena, beginning around the 1920s with the advent of improved hair removal methods such as safety razors. Personally, I find the pressure placed upon women to remove their natural body hair, unhealthy and disturbing. Women are mammals are they not?
    No, women have been removing body hair since the Pyramids were built (literally, ancient Egyptian women removed their body hair). The Romans did it as well and in fact in the Quran female body hair is described as 'unclean'.

Despite what hairy feminists may want you to believe, females have removed body hair throughout history. Not every culture did it but it is not a new invention designed to sell more razor blades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajp100688)
    Men are hairy, woman are the opposite of men. Ergo women are expected to be unhairy. It's not rocket science.
    Its not exactly brain surgery is it :p:

ReputationRep:
    i dont really care, as long as the girl is hot

ReputationRep:

Same could be said of men and muscles. Men with bigger, 'toned' muscles than what's natural is considered an attractive trait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    Personally I am not a hairy girl, I am very well groomed and consider de-fuzzing as just part of my daily routine. I don't question it really.

its just that gyrls wif a bit too much hair, well image needing a butcher to cut through the hair 2 finally get to the destination, thats time, besieds i like gyrls wif long hair on their head, any where else naaaaaaaaaaaaaa

lulwtf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    No, women have been removing body hair since the Pyramids were built (literally, ancient Egyptian women removed their body hair). The Romans did it as well and in fact in the Quran female body hair is described as 'unclean'.

Despite what hairy feminists may want you to believe, females have removed body hair throughout history. Not every culture did it but it is not a new invention designed to sell more razor blades.
    When I mentioned that the introduction of more sophisticated razors meant hair removal was brought to the masses and meant more pressure was placed upon women to remove their hair, I was referring to the West.
    Islam has always deemed female body hair 'unclean'. This does not make it right. You are wrong in stating that female body hair removal has been a consistent practice throughout time; this simply isn't the case. Women did not remove body hair in the Victorian era for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil2008)
    Same could be said of men and muscles. Men with bigger, 'toned' muscles than what's natural is considered an attractive trait.
    Ask women about that. I bet that most don't like men with supernatural muscles

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Yeah but I bet you don't extend this like of hairy men as far as gorilla backs and Neanderthal beards. Which is my point to all these people complain of double standards between male and female body hair: females have limits just like men.
    Obviously! But the post OP referred to is full of men saying that even a tiny bit of hair is revolting and women should be 100% shaven/waxed/epilated all of the time.

You're right about the double standards, but I think women have a lot more tolerance than men where this is concerned. An excessively hairy man would still be considered masculine, whereas an excessively hairy woman wouldn't be considered feminine.

I would quite like to hear opinions from a lesbian actually. See if her opinion differs from a man's.

Oh, and as for Neanderthal beards...
    http://www.jometsonscott.co.uk/image...roobiusPip.jpg

:coma:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Some of the hottest people I know have a very loose attitude towards shaving. I'll shave when I can be bothered - it's not like my fuzzy legs are going to cause any major issues with anyone but me. My girlfriend just had to put up with it

Amanda Palmer is utterly drool worthy and you could probably plait her leg hair and from the naked online photos - other places too. Neil Gaiman still manages to love her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sundous)
    Men who dislike women just because of a little hair need to grow up, female body hair is a lot different from male body hair; lesser, not coarse and overall less noticeable than the hair on the male body.

Aside from shaving your armpits, legs and "down there" your body hair should be left alone
    I think that legs and down there (unless it's disgustingly bushy leg and down there hair...) could actually be left alone. I knew the most beautiful girl ever, and she had never shaved her legs. She had blonde hair on her head, and so her leg hairs were really fine and blonde ("girl" body hair) and she got loads of attention even though she was happy to show the legs off.

Armpit hair isn't very nice though.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.