Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone been to America recently ??...border control experience Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mlo90)
    I just came back from both countries 2 weeks ago and they do the whole fingerprint and camera shot in both america and canada ... and even worse, they do it now in england!
    I didnt know they did it in Canada
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't bother me.

I don't have anything to worry about, I haven't done anything wrong, so who cares if they have my fingerprints?

Many people see me everyday, so who cares if they have my photo?

ReputationRep:
    Did it in North Carolina 2 years ago and in Florida 3 weeks ago

its really stupid too - cos you gotta do a visa form online AND still have to do the green form on the plane! The online form was suppose to replace the green form but NO!! stupidd

ReputationRep:
    Another thing is why do they scan your passport before check-in too .

ReputationRep:
    Just be thankful you're not Black and Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not one to usually defend the USA. But you guys to do know that I(or any other foreigner) would have to do practically the same stuff to gain entrance to the UK. This system isn't unique to America. As others have stated you would have to do it in Canada and in many other countries around the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Lol i was going to get angry with you but then I saw your afro, sick afro man.
    I am not here to fight, only here to make peace =P

ReputationRep:
    We do the same for people from India wanting to enter the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan70)
    I am not here to fight, only here to make peace =P
    I also forgot to mention that I saw the janitor in your sig, classic.

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriends in the USN for we flhy together and i make him wear uniform and they let us go right through

ReputationRep:
    lol my fave bit is the green card questions they ask, as if you'd ever say yes to any of them- i particularly LOL at the nazi party participation "have you been a member of the nazi party between 198 and 1939" or something like that.

"er no, I'm a 17 year old black girl."

:rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Quote from this blog

"the first person to say that 'if you've nothing to hide then you've nothing to fear' will have their net curtains removed, their walls replaced with glass and be made to sign a declaration stating that they trust this, and all other future governments, as well as every soul that works for the civil service, the NHS, social services, transport your local council etc..."

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tlozoot)
    You should have said terrorism was funding your trip. For the lulz.
    Quite. It would have been hilarious to have been frog-marched to a waiting area for the next plane home, or to have been arrested and detained further for messing them about, wouldn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jesspops)
    I love the country n all but taking your fingerprints and webcam snap...? Through border control. Thats kind of violation. They did it with everyone and i went New York and i can understand that because of 9/11 and wanting to protect the country. Is that the case of other parts of America when entering..

I found it very James Bond 007. It wasnt just one fingerprint it was both hands ..Just found it over the top.. I think other people felt violated too..

And the border control guy was nice but the questions they have to ask like ..have you been to the states before/when was the last time you came? and whats the reason for your trip??...Lifestory or what..but again they did it to everyone
    They've done it in all of the states i've been in.
    I landed in Arizona in 2005 and had the same experience - both hands fingerprints, webcam snap, questions etc.
    Then when I travelled across the country in 2005 to a few other states there were the questions, VISA checking etc.
    Then when I landed in New York in 2007 they took my fingerprints and my old webcam photo popped up on the screen, aswell as them taking another.

They are very strict the Americans, but hey - if they think it protects their borders then they have the right to be.

ReputationRep:
    Agree. Being arrested or detained is no joke. I have been traveling to the USA for as long as I can remember and I have lived there before and trust me, if you get to the wrong side of the law just for the 'lolzz' you could be looking at at least a ten year ban from entering the USA. On top of that, think about the consequences if you attempt to enter any other country. It wont be all 'lozz' then when you have a USA 10 year ban stamp in your passport and want to go through immigration in some drug-conscience countries, such as Indonesia/Thailand etc. I would assume that countries like this would rather refuse you entry then listen to your sob story about why you have a ten year ban stamp in your passport and if the US can ban you, then so can they.

(Original post by Good bloke)
    Quite. It would have been hilarious to have been frog-marched to a waiting area for the next plane home, or to have been arrested and detained further for messing them about, wouldn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Well I'm sorry if my humour isn't quite as refined as yours.

ReputationRep:
    Do you still have to fill the green form in on the plane?

ReputationRep:
    They do it in every single country Most people just haven't noticed as all they've been to are European Countries. Usually those from other continents trying to gain access to the UK will have a full finger print scan etc.

On top of that we do have quite a lot of CCTV. When you start to take notice, it is kind of scary.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    It's amazing how most of you probably believe in strict border control for people entering the UK, but are shocked when another country doesn't allow you to walk freely in. :rolleyes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quill)
    lol my fave bit is the green card questions they ask, as if you'd ever say yes to any of them- i particularly LOL at the nazi party participation "have you been a member of the nazi party between 198 and 1939" or something like that.

"er no, I'm a 17 year old black girl."

From the application form for a UK student visa:

6.11 In times of either peace or war have you, ever been involved in, or suspected of involvement in, war crimes, crimes against humanity or genocide?

6.12 Have you, ever been involved in, supported, or encouraged terrorist activities in any country? Have you,
    ever been a member of, or given support to an organisation that has been concerned in terrorism?

6.13 Have you ever, by any means or medium, expressed views that justify or glorify terrorist violence or that may encourage others to terrorist acts or other serious criminal acts?

6.14 Have you engaged in any other activities that might indicate that you may not be considered a person of good character?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.