Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys and Girls, if you asked someone out after being rejected (as long as it wasn't harshly) would you ask them out again, also if you had rejected someone and they asked you out again, what would you think?
    I'm asking because after meeting a girl, hanging out, flirting a bit then asking her out I was rejected (she said it wasn't a good idea because I'm 18 and she's 23) I've given it a while but, I still have a crush on her, so thoughts people?

lol this happened to me too! i said that we should meet up in a text i sent her and she replied hours later asking if me and my mates wanted to go camping with the school for a weekend and completely ignored my question!

now im not sure if i should ask her again either...

ReputationRep:
    Wear her down with persistence! :p: If you think you can change her mind, then fair do. Might want to have a day out with her, one she'll enjoy and remember, then ask her out again.

Also, tell her that age gap isn't a problem - a guy on the internet says so and everything. Unless she's just using that as an excuse... Hmm...

ReputationRep:
    I just try to move on if she rejected me first time.

ReputationRep:
    If she rejected you because of the age difference, I'm afraid it would be the same if you asked her out again? Or maybe it was just an excuse not to be too rude.

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    Wear her down with persistence! http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif If you think you can change her mind, then fair do. Might want to have a day out with her, one she'll enjoy and remember, then ask her out again.

Also, tell her that age gap isn't a problem - a guy on the internet says so and everything. Unless she's just using that as an excuse... Hmm...
    Yeah but, there's persistence and there's annoyance where's the line?
    The age gap could be an excuse. She didn't actually say anything about it she, just said it's not a good idea so, I'm presuming that it's not a good idea because of the age gap. I could ask her about it but, then again persistence could lead to annoyance.

ReputationRep:
    I've been told by guys that they always try twice, before moving on.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe that was just an excuse?
    I'd leave it, and stay good friends and see if anything develops, you can't force anything, or make someone love you...

ReputationRep:
    I'd get over it. Like Roxie said, if it's an age gap problem then it'll be an age gap problem for quite a while, and if it was an excuse then it's pointless trying.

Persistant asking out seems a touch desperate to be honest. She knows you like her, so just enjoy yourself. If she grows to like you it'll happen. If you keep asking her out it'll probably give her a bad impression of you. Until you see definite signs of her liking you there's no point pushing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah but, there's persistence and there's annoyance where's the line?
    When you get a restraining order.

If she said it wasn't a good idea, maybe she's just not that in to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    lol this happened to me too! i said that we should meet up in a text i sent her and she replied hours later asking if me and my mates wanted to go camping with the school for a weekend and completely ignored my question!
    now im not sure if i should ask her again either...
    She didn't really, as she asked you to meet up?

ReputationRep:
    Just do it, life's way too short anyway! :woo:

(Original post by matt2k8)
    Classic case of oneitis - she isn't interested, move on. You'll soon forget about her if you approach some other women.
    Oneitis?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.