Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am going to to westend, to see the jersey boys on wednesday, and I am soooo confused at what to wear. I have been to musicals like that before but its mainly been with the school, where i wore school uniform.

Pleasee help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizzo123)
    Hi,
    I am going to to westend, to see the jersey boys on wednesday, and I am soooo confused at what to wear. I have been to musicals like that before but its mainly been with the school, where i wore school uniform.

Pleasee help
    Wear a dress but not too formal.

ReputationRep:
    Just wear something nice but casual. I don't understand why some people dress up to go and see a show. It's not like you dress up for the cinema?

ReputationRep:
    I'd go casual as well, especially if it's a matinee rather than an evening performance. That said, it could be a good excuse to buy a new outfit!

ReputationRep:
    Me and Mum often to go see a show when we're on a shopping day in London, so it's usual smart casual. Saw Three Days of Rain in March and people were in jeans and t-shirts.

ReputationRep:
    As long as you don't look a tramp, anything goes. I've been to a couple while just on a day out in London, so it was unplanned and, well, i wasn't exactly dressed to impress. As long as you're not in a tracksuit i think you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Just wear something nice but casual. I don't understand why some people dress up to go and see a show. It's not like you dress up for the cinema?
    That is an interesting question... Because you spent £50-odd on your seat? It's somthing you couldn't regularly afford? The other people there might have generally nicer wardrobes than you (if you're me..)?
    I would feel strange in something too dressed down and casual, but also in anything too formal. I wear something pretty, some of my nicest clothes.

ReputationRep:
    A nice top and smart trousers, or a dress?
    Remember, most places have free cloakrooms, so take advantage!

ReputationRep:
    I usually just wear some dark jeans and a nice top - I wanna be comfortable!

And enjoy the show - I loved it when I saw it!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.