Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am going to to westend, to see the jersey boys on wednesday, and I am soooo confused at what to wear. I have been to musicals like that before but its mainly been with the school, where i wore school uniform.

Pleasee help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizzo123)
    Hi,
    I am going to to westend, to see the jersey boys on wednesday, and I am soooo confused at what to wear. I have been to musicals like that before but its mainly been with the school, where i wore school uniform.

Pleasee help
    Wear a dress but not too formal.

ReputationRep:
    Just wear something nice but casual. I don't understand why some people dress up to go and see a show. It's not like you dress up for the cinema?

ReputationRep:
    I'd go casual as well, especially if it's a matinee rather than an evening performance. That said, it could be a good excuse to buy a new outfit!

ReputationRep:
    Me and Mum often to go see a show when we're on a shopping day in London, so it's usual smart casual. Saw Three Days of Rain in March and people were in jeans and t-shirts.

ReputationRep:
    As long as you don't look a tramp, anything goes. I've been to a couple while just on a day out in London, so it was unplanned and, well, i wasn't exactly dressed to impress. As long as you're not in a tracksuit i think you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Just wear something nice but casual. I don't understand why some people dress up to go and see a show. It's not like you dress up for the cinema?
    That is an interesting question... Because you spent £50-odd on your seat? It's somthing you couldn't regularly afford? The other people there might have generally nicer wardrobes than you (if you're me..)?
    I would feel strange in something too dressed down and casual, but also in anything too formal. I wear something pretty, some of my nicest clothes.

ReputationRep:
    A nice top and smart trousers, or a dress?
    Remember, most places have free cloakrooms, so take advantage!

ReputationRep:
    I usually just wear some dark jeans and a nice top - I wanna be comfortable!

And enjoy the show - I loved it when I saw it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.