Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Last night's Top Gear, Jeremy's car? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    It was a different one, they were on that road no car normally travels on...it was silent...erm..can't remember man...that pic does the job lol...
    As said above http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_%28series_12%29 Episode 2 was the American muscle car road trip. Clarkson drove the Corvette.

Not unless it was a totally different review, were all 3 of them there?

Edit: Noticed you said it look like a Truck, Clarkson did a pick up review on the Ford Lightning a few series ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by initiation)
    As said above http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_%28series_12%29 Episode 2 was the American muscle car road trip. Clarkson drove the Corvette.

Not unless it was a totally different review, were all 3 of them there?
    I probably thinking something different, remembered watching series back, does not matter now. I like the corvette, man...lol

ReputationRep:
    Chevrolet Camaro, Jeremy drove in the original american special when they drove from florida to new orleans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/ep...episode3.shtml

ReputationRep:
    Jeremy had the Chevrolet Camero, Richard the Dodge Ram and James the Cadillac. That's the first of the two American specials they did.

EDIT- Beaten by untitled!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Number6)
    Oooh I want one lol Could quite happily take a chunk out of my loan (*gp) for either of those!
    Go for it theres plenty of Spitfires, MGBs and Midgets etc out there, if you get a decent one and look after it, it will never depreciate. Plus classic car insurance is cheap.

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic, it's a TV show where everybody seems to be on first name terms with the presenters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GorgeousMatt)
    A lovely Triumph Spitfire You can pick up decent MOT'd ones for £1-1.5k, something I will be doing later on this year.

Jeremy's car was an Austin Healey Sprite, which was a rebadged MG Midget. Pretty little cars, but not to be confused with the glorious Austin Healey 3000:

Some years ago, when i had a bit more money than i do now, I went to look at an Austin Healey 3000 with a view of buying it.
    It was in great condition, but shockingly awful to drive.

For the prices they command, they are HUGELY over rated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Entangled)
    Fantastic, it's a TV show where everybody seems to be on first name terms with the presenters.
    better than Big Brother though, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGimpMan)
    better than Big Brother though, eh?
    Absolutely true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    Does anyone remember a few series back, when top gear was doing american muscle car, what was Jeremy's car called? I want one to be honest. Just wondering how much they are, and see if your allowed to drive it in the UK.
    no they are not allowed on UK roads since they are american and usually rubbish :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    no they are not allowed on UK roads since they are american and usually rubbish :p:
    hahaa lol, looks sweet though

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm glad more people are interested in classics cause of the show, even if it was just three classics being trashed (mainly in the form of a reasonable rare but lovely Lanchester Fourteen!!!)

As said, Jeremy's car was indeed a Austin Healey Sprite MKIII I believe, and the purple car was a Trumph Spitfire in the rare 'Magenta' colour which IIRC was only offered for a year or maybe two? Classic 70s colour!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.