Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey at the moment i have slightly light brown hair and want to go down the blonde road..i wasnt thinking of really blonde but just something close to a blonde/brown i dont really mind an i came across these two in superdrugs: LIVE COLOUR XXL ABSOLUT PLATINUM 00A an NICE N EASY NATURAL LIGHT NEUTRAL SUMMER BLOND. At the back it shows that colour palette thing and that it will change light brown hair into blonde..will this really work? Or will i definately end up with a ginger/red thing happening....

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt use that. buy a highlighting kit it comes with a cap and you pull lots of little strands through it and dye the hair blonde, looks more natural.

ReputationRep:
    i never thought of using a highlight kit lol but thanks i might do just dat

ReputationRep:
    The Live XXL will dye your hair blonde, but fade very quickly.
    I don't know much about nice n easy but I would recommend l'oreal recital preference in blonde. I've never gone ginger from it.

ReputationRep:
    How bout this...RECITAL PREFERENCE LES BLONDISSIMES LIGHTEST ASH BLONDE...if not where can i get the wun ur talking bout?

ReputationRep:
    I used that one yeah

ReputationRep:
    what colour hair did u have before you applied the RECITAL PREFERENCE LES BLONDISSIMES LIGHTEST ASH BLONDE and wot colour did u get after u applied it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    The Live XXL will dye your hair blonde, but fade very quickly.
    I don't know much about nice n easy but I would recommend l'oreal recital preference in blonde. I've never gone ginger from it.
    blonde hair doesn't fade, it's bleached, hair only fades when it goes darker not lighter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofee)
    blonde hair doesn't fade, it's bleached, hair only fades when it goes darker not lighter
    From experience, I would have to disagree. Maybe fade isn't technically the right word but the lightness and brightness of my hair certainly progressively dulls after I dye it.
    OP: my hair sounds similar to yours. I highlight mine using one of the at home kits with the cap you pull strands through (like someone above mentioned). I've used just about every highlighting kit and never had a problem. Also I agree it looks natural- people are always really shocked to discover I'm not naturally that blonde.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofee)
    Er no. Mine faded :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    Er no. Mine faded :indiff:
    but..but..but...HOW :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eliza_Fry)
    Hey at the moment i have slightly light brown hair and want to go down the blonde road..i wasnt thinking of really blonde but just something close to a blonde/brown i dont really mind an i came across these two in superdrugs: LIVE COLOUR XXL ABSOLUT PLATINUM 00A an NICE N EASY NATURAL LIGHT NEUTRAL SUMMER BLOND. At the back it shows that colour palette thing and that it will change light brown hair into blonde..will this really work? Or will i definitely end up with a ginger/red thing happening....
    errr... If you're a brunette going blonde, you have to have your hair bleached, then DYED on top, or it just doesn't work, you can't just use out the packet. Definitely look it up :yep: also sounds like you ARE going very light 'platinum' and 'light blonde'. So get it bleached!!!!

ReputationRep:
    It would 'dull' - not look so youthful or colourful. It'll go a more dull dirty dishwater type of blonde.

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys i suppose i am going to have to ask for some professional help so my hair doesnt get damaged as much otherwise i might end up dyin it again an again

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.