Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey at the moment i have slightly light brown hair and want to go down the blonde road..i wasnt thinking of really blonde but just something close to a blonde/brown i dont really mind an i came across these two in superdrugs: LIVE COLOUR XXL ABSOLUT PLATINUM 00A an NICE N EASY NATURAL LIGHT NEUTRAL SUMMER BLOND. At the back it shows that colour palette thing and that it will change light brown hair into blonde..will this really work? Or will i definately end up with a ginger/red thing happening....

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt use that. buy a highlighting kit it comes with a cap and you pull lots of little strands through it and dye the hair blonde, looks more natural.

ReputationRep:
    i never thought of using a highlight kit lol but thanks i might do just dat

ReputationRep:
    The Live XXL will dye your hair blonde, but fade very quickly.
    I don't know much about nice n easy but I would recommend l'oreal recital preference in blonde. I've never gone ginger from it.

ReputationRep:
    How bout this...RECITAL PREFERENCE LES BLONDISSIMES LIGHTEST ASH BLONDE...if not where can i get the wun ur talking bout?

ReputationRep:
    I used that one yeah

ReputationRep:
    what colour hair did u have before you applied the RECITAL PREFERENCE LES BLONDISSIMES LIGHTEST ASH BLONDE and wot colour did u get after u applied it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    The Live XXL will dye your hair blonde, but fade very quickly.
    I don't know much about nice n easy but I would recommend l'oreal recital preference in blonde. I've never gone ginger from it.
    blonde hair doesn't fade, it's bleached, hair only fades when it goes darker not lighter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofee)
    blonde hair doesn't fade, it's bleached, hair only fades when it goes darker not lighter
    From experience, I would have to disagree. Maybe fade isn't technically the right word but the lightness and brightness of my hair certainly progressively dulls after I dye it.
    OP: my hair sounds similar to yours. I highlight mine using one of the at home kits with the cap you pull strands through (like someone above mentioned). I've used just about every highlighting kit and never had a problem. Also I agree it looks natural- people are always really shocked to discover I'm not naturally that blonde.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofee)
    Er no. Mine faded :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    Er no. Mine faded :indiff:
    but..but..but...HOW :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eliza_Fry)
    Hey at the moment i have slightly light brown hair and want to go down the blonde road..i wasnt thinking of really blonde but just something close to a blonde/brown i dont really mind an i came across these two in superdrugs: LIVE COLOUR XXL ABSOLUT PLATINUM 00A an NICE N EASY NATURAL LIGHT NEUTRAL SUMMER BLOND. At the back it shows that colour palette thing and that it will change light brown hair into blonde..will this really work? Or will i definitely end up with a ginger/red thing happening....
    errr... If you're a brunette going blonde, you have to have your hair bleached, then DYED on top, or it just doesn't work, you can't just use out the packet. Definitely look it up :yep: also sounds like you ARE going very light 'platinum' and 'light blonde'. So get it bleached!!!!

ReputationRep:
    It would 'dull' - not look so youthful or colourful. It'll go a more dull dirty dishwater type of blonde.

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys i suppose i am going to have to ask for some professional help so my hair doesnt get damaged as much otherwise i might end up dyin it again an again

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.