Turn on thread page Beta

So basically I've liked a guy for the last 5 years (on and off). In that time he has dated 2 of my best friends and pulled another 2. On Friday, I was out for some drinks with some people, and then they left so he said he would walk me home, we were both pretty drunk by this point and we stayed out chatting until 2am when we decided to go for a walk.

We ended up almost having sex (I'm still a virgin), and doing a lot of other things. Even though at the time we both agreed that it was a one off thing, I now think that I shouldn't have done anything with him as I am really falling for him again.

I saw him on Saturday, and he didn't even bother to wish me happy birthday, he just went straight to my best friend who was sat next to me and asked her for a hug, then went over to the other side of the room.

So I was just wondering whether I should just try to forget about the whole thing, or if I should maybe text him as my friend said I should. I know that nothing can happen, but why did he initiate everything, if he was going to treat me like this the next day? He was also quite a good friend, so it seems like I've lost him as that too

Sorry about the long post, and thanks for any replies

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, he sounds like a ****.

Don't let him get to you anymore, and definitely don't "fall" for him, OP :/

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he was out for a quick shag and now he knows he is not going to get it, he is switching targets.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at the two above posters. They both agreed to it, he has no obligation to act in any way.

(Original post by ToastyCoke)
    Lol at the two above posters. They both agreed to it, he has no obligation to act in any way.
    It's just that he knew that I liked him, and ignored me the day after, whilst hitting on somebody in front of me. I know it's my fault too that we hooked up, it's the way he's acting now that's making me regret it

(Original post by JayB124)
    Sounds like he was out for a quick shag and now he knows he is not going to get it, he is switching targets.
    But he sat chatting to me for 2 hours, and the state I was in, if he had tried to have sex with me I probably would have let him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    but why did he initiate everything, if he was going to treat me like this the next day?
    He was initiating it because he wanted something. Something that he no longer thinks he can get from you.

ReputationRep:
    It never fails to amaze me how many girls don't realise most guys are complete dicks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gazcobain)
    It never fails to amaze me how many girls don't realise most guys are complete dicks.
    Precisely. In a sentence, the above or: you got merked.

ReputationRep:
    the guy sounds like a douchebag and a womaniser, dont let him keep playing with your emotions. Just put it past you and forget about him. douches like him give good guys a bad name

ReputationRep:
    Text him and tell him how you feel. The worst that can happen is he doesn't feel the same way and at least then you can put it behind you and move on.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean to upset you in any way, but perhaps the answer to your first question is because he was drunk.
    If you've accepted nothing is going to happen between you then I think you're best off forgetting about the incident and moving in. If he is going to pretend like it never happened, act like an idiot by ignoring you etc- do the same. No I don't mean ignore him, be pleasant but limit the amount of time you spend with him (especially just the two of you) until you're past this. I'm sure it will blow over by the way, he's probably just embarrassed and doesn't know how to act. Leave it be, try and move on- keep your eye out for someone new!
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I've been there, your story sounds a lot like mine only the guy never dated any of my best friends. If I were u I would forget about any "future" with him. I had to learn it the hard way but Ive come to the conclusion that I should count myself lucky caus Id fancied him for so long and spent one nice night with him which is better than nothing. After that I met this ever so caring guy and it made me feel even better caus it just showed how much of a tosser the other guy was. So my advice'd be - leave him and look for somebody else.

ReputationRep:
    We realize it, we just want to change it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephendr)
    Text him and tell him how you feel. The worst that can happen is he doesn't feel the same way and at least then you can put it behind you and move on.
    I wouldn't recommend that. He probably knows that shes fancied him for ages and that would just make her look like shes so into him.. I did it and it ended terrible, thinking back it was my luck caus they guy was a prick but at the time it didnt feel so nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icn06)
    We realize it, we just want to change it
    You can't change a guy who's an ********. He'll only change when he wants to.

Find a guy who's not a ****.

ReputationRep:
    You can't change a guy who's an ********. He'll only change when he wants to.

Find a guy who's not a ****.
    Easier said than done.

ReputationRep:
    he wanted to taste some cookies

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.