Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well I couldn't find a thread for this yet, so voila...

ReputationRep:
    Me (hopefully, don't even start talking about August 20th...)

ReputationRep:
    I've got a place, now it's just down to the scary scary results day...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same heer, got a place but its all dependent on results day and me getting 3 A's, Argh!!! lol. Hopefully we will all make it

ReputationRep:
    I've got an unconditional place (gotta love gap years!) so I hope I'll be seeing you all in October! Anyone decided which college you prefer?

ReputationRep:
    Meee hopefullly! Why did they raise the grades from AAB to AAA

ReputationRep:
    only eight days to go! still need to decide on colleges etc its so hard to pick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca_KCNC)
    only eight days to go! still need to decide on colleges etc its so hard to pick!
    I know they really are. I'm thinking the New vanbrugh (ie the en suite ones) but not sure whether the student atmosphere would be very good there. Other ones I like are Alcuin and James but I really don't know what to go for college wise (if I get in that is). Which colleges are you contemplating? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I've picked Alcuin 33 week en-suite, just hoping I get it now! I was thinking New Vanbrugh but they'd already gone when I got online...

anyone else picked their college yet? I really couldn't decide, was swayed in the end by Alcuins freshers video!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys - I got accepted for History and Archaeology joint honours today

For accommodation I have an offer for Langwith Block A - standard room, 38-week let.

ReputationRep:
    the new goodricke ones, even though its a 15 min walk to campus ...but im not sure if i will get it i havent had the offer yet, how long did it take for peoples to come through?

ReputationRep:
    I got my grades... applied for Langwith because Vanbrugh had gone already! A bit worried it might be a bit expensive, but nevermind. Sounds nice anyway anyone on Facebook?

ReputationRep:
    i am
    rebecca o'dwyer

thinking about it now i probably should have checked the prices actually thats a good point lol...

ReputationRep:
    I got in as well, and hopefully I'll get a Vanbrugh offer soon (applied for a 38-week standard) :cool:
    It's kinda annoying that the course starts a bit later than most universities, I am really looking forward to going to York and waiting 2 more months is a bit of a pain!

ReputationRep:
    I just checked the prices, from what I can see on York's website it's the same price across the colleges, around £100 per week for ensuite and £82 per week for a standard room, that's both 38-week lets though.

I'm Raz Elgar, I'll add you and you can watch out for it! [EDIT: add me? There are more than one of you ]

ReputationRep:
    hmm i suppose thats not too bad, I had to request a 38week let even though i'll probably be at home for easter as Goodricke don't do 33 week lets...
    cool

*I'm not sure if there is more than one of me on facebook actually, network is Townley Grammar, if that narrows it down!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing History at York toooo! I'm quite excited!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.