History at York 2009.....anyone? Watch

rebecca_KCNC
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
well I couldn't find a thread for this yet, so voila...
Amiles
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Me (hopefully, don't even start talking about August 20th...)
zar91
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've got a place, now it's just down to the scary scary results day...
Stongbow rules!
Report 9 years ago
Yeah same heer, got a place but its all dependent on results day and me getting 3 A's, Argh!!! lol. Hopefully we will all make it
BubblesMcGee
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've got an unconditional place (gotta love gap years!) so I hope I'll be seeing you all in October! Anyone decided which college you prefer?
*R*a*c*h*
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Meee hopefullly! Why did they raise the grades from AAB to AAA
rebecca_KCNC
only eight days to go! still need to decide on colleges etc its so hard to pick!
Stongbow rules!
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rebecca_KCNC)
only eight days to go! still need to decide on colleges etc its so hard to pick!
I know they really are. I'm thinking the New vanbrugh (ie the en suite ones) but not sure whether the student atmosphere would be very good there. Other ones I like are Alcuin and James but I really don't know what to go for college wise (if I get in that is). Which colleges are you contemplating? :woo:
*R*a*c*h*
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've picked Alcuin 33 week en-suite, just hoping I get it now! I was thinking New Vanbrugh but they'd already gone when I got online...

anyone else picked their college yet? I really couldn't decide, was swayed in the end by Alcuins freshers video!
xkatieloux
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hi guys - I got accepted for History and Archaeology joint honours today

For accommodation I have an offer for Langwith Block A - standard room, 38-week let.
rebecca_KCNC
the new goodricke ones, even though its a 15 min walk to campus ...but im not sure if i will get it i havent had the offer yet, how long did it take for peoples to come through?
zar91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got my grades... applied for Langwith because Vanbrugh had gone already! A bit worried it might be a bit expensive, but nevermind. Sounds nice anyway anyone on Facebook?
rebecca_KCNC
i am
rebecca o'dwyer

thinking about it now i probably should have checked the prices actually thats a good point lol...
Kerny
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got in as well, and hopefully I'll get a Vanbrugh offer soon (applied for a 38-week standard) :cool:
It's kinda annoying that the course starts a bit later than most universities, I am really looking forward to going to York and waiting 2 more months is a bit of a pain!
zar91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I just checked the prices, from what I can see on York's website it's the same price across the colleges, around £100 per week for ensuite and £82 per week for a standard room, that's both 38-week lets though.

I'm Raz Elgar, I'll add you and you can watch out for it! [EDIT: add me? There are more than one of you ]
rebecca_KCNC
hmm i suppose thats not too bad, I had to request a 38week let even though i'll probably be at home for easter as Goodricke don't do 33 week lets...
cool

*I'm not sure if there is more than one of me on facebook actually, network is Townley Grammar, if that narrows it down!
you_are_lovely
Report 9 years ago
I'm doing History at York toooo! I'm quite excited!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (166)
18.57%
No (543)
60.74%
Not really bothered about them (185)
20.69%

Watched Threads