Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    well I couldn't find a thread for this yet, so voila...

ReputationRep:
    Me (hopefully, don't even start talking about August 20th...)

ReputationRep:
    I've got a place, now it's just down to the scary scary results day...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same heer, got a place but its all dependent on results day and me getting 3 A's, Argh!!! lol. Hopefully we will all make it

ReputationRep:
    I've got an unconditional place (gotta love gap years!) so I hope I'll be seeing you all in October! Anyone decided which college you prefer?

ReputationRep:
    Meee hopefullly! Why did they raise the grades from AAB to AAA

ReputationRep:
    only eight days to go! still need to decide on colleges etc its so hard to pick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca_KCNC)
    only eight days to go! still need to decide on colleges etc its so hard to pick!
    I know they really are. I'm thinking the New vanbrugh (ie the en suite ones) but not sure whether the student atmosphere would be very good there. Other ones I like are Alcuin and James but I really don't know what to go for college wise (if I get in that is). Which colleges are you contemplating? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I've picked Alcuin 33 week en-suite, just hoping I get it now! I was thinking New Vanbrugh but they'd already gone when I got online...

anyone else picked their college yet? I really couldn't decide, was swayed in the end by Alcuins freshers video!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys - I got accepted for History and Archaeology joint honours today

For accommodation I have an offer for Langwith Block A - standard room, 38-week let.

ReputationRep:
    the new goodricke ones, even though its a 15 min walk to campus ...but im not sure if i will get it i havent had the offer yet, how long did it take for peoples to come through?

ReputationRep:
    I got my grades... applied for Langwith because Vanbrugh had gone already! A bit worried it might be a bit expensive, but nevermind. Sounds nice anyway anyone on Facebook?

ReputationRep:
    i am
    rebecca o'dwyer

thinking about it now i probably should have checked the prices actually thats a good point lol...

ReputationRep:
    I got in as well, and hopefully I'll get a Vanbrugh offer soon (applied for a 38-week standard) :cool:
    It's kinda annoying that the course starts a bit later than most universities, I am really looking forward to going to York and waiting 2 more months is a bit of a pain!

ReputationRep:
    I just checked the prices, from what I can see on York's website it's the same price across the colleges, around £100 per week for ensuite and £82 per week for a standard room, that's both 38-week lets though.

I'm Raz Elgar, I'll add you and you can watch out for it! [EDIT: add me? There are more than one of you ]

ReputationRep:
    hmm i suppose thats not too bad, I had to request a 38week let even though i'll probably be at home for easter as Goodricke don't do 33 week lets...
    cool

*I'm not sure if there is more than one of me on facebook actually, network is Townley Grammar, if that narrows it down!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing History at York toooo! I'm quite excited!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.