Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Right, me, like any other girl is trying to loose a few pounds for uni, maybe even a stone, if i'm lucky. I go on the treadmill a few times a week, but i've decided to actually go extreme on the treadmill, running every night. Can anyone tell me what would be a good duration to spend on the treadmill/per night?

I am also cutting out on junk food completley, drinking lots of water and eating the correct portion of meals a day.

I go walking with my friends occasionally and play football which means I'm doing a lot of intense exercise with them.

Anybody got an advice as to how to stick to this? And how long, if i do stick to it, i could loose my targeted weight?!

thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I normally got to the gym 3 times a week, and do roughly an hour there each time (20 minutes on the treadmill). I am trying to lose weight for uni too I've lost 2 stone this year so far, but want to lose another stone for uni. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Montarnna)
    I normally got to the gym 3 times a week, and do roughly an hour there each time (20 minutes on the treadmill). I am trying to lose weight for uni too I've lost 2 stone this year so far, but want to lose another stone for uni. Good luck
    Wow that sounds great!
    Whats your diet like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki-77)
    Wow that sounds great!
    Whats your diet like?
    Thanks
    I'm a vegaetarian, and have been since October, so I think that's helped me a lot. I normally have soy porridge for breakfast, a wrap or something for lunch, and then a low fat dinner. I became hooked on jelly, and have a lot of that, 4 calories a pot lol. I'm not perfect with my diet, and so if I cheat I make sure I go to the gym and then try to burn it off. It has not been easy at all though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Dont run everyday. Run every other day but push yourself harder. Also add some variety such as swimming, cycling, cross training etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikki-77)
    anyone else?
    The best way to start on a losing weight programme is to USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION TO FIND ONE OF THE MILLION OTHER IDENTICAL THREADS TO YOURS ASKING THE SAME IDENTICAL QUESTION.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.