Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What's it like? Can anyone comment?

ReputationRep:
    Well there are few parking lots at the campus surrounding main lectures buildings, but there is the problem of recent construction sites. I would advice you to check the Uni website for a map I think parking is included
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Lawstude)
    What's it like? Can anyone comment?
    One of my friends had to drive to campus as she lived quite far away. You have to pay for a parking pass for the whole year (recommend you sort this out in advance) and you can park anywhere on campus. Although there are a lot of spaces, you might not always be able park right next to your building, but you'll only ever be 5-10mins away.

ReputationRep:
    how does it work like after hours, can anyone drive onto campus? at my undergrad uni, after 4 they raise the barriers so anyone can park without a permit. Makes it usefull for like driving over at 6 in the evening for a library session, and not having to walk back in the dark rain etc
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Sir Joe)
    how does it work like after hours, can anyone drive onto campus? at my undergrad uni, after 4 they raise the barriers so anyone can park without a permit. Makes it usefull for like driving over at 6 in the evening for a library session, and not having to walk back in the dark rain etc

Nope, there are people on the barriers practically 24/7 - at like 7pm one day, me and my friend had to go and pick a camera up from campus, and some other equip so we couldn't walk to get it, we had to persuade the man on the barrier for about 10mins that we'd be back out as soon as we got the stuff. They seem to be really strict about parking and stuff.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh, but on weekends I don't think there's anyone on the barrier - but if security find your car and you don't have a permit, they clamp you. There are signs up around campus.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Thought this might be useful.

http://www.fmd.reading.ac.uk/For_Uni...rking_/permit/

ReputationRep:
    harsh one. I'll be packing my winter coat then.

ReputationRep:
    £12 for the year isnt bad though! Thought it'd be alot more than that!
    Still debating whether I want to bring my car or not...
    Everyone always says not to, and that its too expensive and that...
    But still dont think I could stand leaving it at home!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Hannah_)
    £12 for the year isnt bad though! Thought it'd be alot more than that!
    Still debating whether I want to bring my car or not...
    Everyone always says not to, and that its too expensive and that...
    But still dont think I could stand leaving it at home!
    It's not really worth it, just useful for trips to the supermarket etc. You wouldn't really need to park on campus unless you're severely disabled and/or live really far away from campus. Plus, spaces are really limited.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Plus, the buses are pretty good and everything is within walking distance - the town centre is only about a 30-40min walk from the main campus, and the buses aren't too expensive for a once a week trip to ASDA in Lower Earley.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.