Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will my girlfriend like this necklace? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been saving up a while to buy her something decent for her birthday next week.

I found this at a rather smart boutique in Kensington but I'm not sure if it's worth its £150 price tag.

Please help me here.

ReputationRep:
    It looks like a charm necklace for which you'd buy some little charm-type things to put on it. Is it Pandora?

EDIT: Actually, I think Pandora is cheaper. So if that IS a sort of charm necklace thing, you could probably get one quite a bit cheaper AND get some bead things to put on it.

ReputationRep:
    No, wtf is that?

ReputationRep:
    I think it looks nice! Although i wonder how long it is? Sometimes necklaces are weirdly short and i rarely like that but then again that's a matter of taste

ReputationRep:
    You could do better with £150 to be honest, why don't you get her a trip somewhere with you instead? But hey, you're the one who knows her - do you think she'll like it?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry people. I wanted to make a cheeky thread. It's actually from Argos.

I just wanted to see if anyone noticed it was Argos as soon as they saw it.

ReputationRep:
    If my bf was going to spend £150 on a necklace, I'd rather him buy something I had pointed out/let me choose. Less romantic, maybe, but much better than wasting that much money.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think you could find a better one. I don't think its worth for £150.

ReputationRep:
    NO. Do not spend £150 on that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jodie_lee)
    If my bf was going to spend £150 on a necklace, I'd rather him buy something I had pointed out/let me choose. Less romantic, maybe, but much better than wasting that much money.
    I know the OP was being a bit of a nob but this anyway - when it starts getting expensive i would much rather my gf give me ideas no point wasting money, especially when most guys have absolutely no idea about jewelry, very much including myself

ReputationRep:
    She might like it, but I dont

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia_Lightbulb)
    NO. Do not spend £150 on that!
    I wouldn't even if it wasn't from Argos.

ReputationRep:
    IMO that's pretty hideous.

Always take either your girlfriend or her best mate out with you when shopping for jewellery. Greater chance you'll buy her something she likes and will wear!!

Also it does look quite cheap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    Sorry people. I wanted to make a cheeky thread. It's actually from Argos.

I just wanted to see if anyone noticed it was Argos as soon as they saw it.
    Haha, how much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    I've been saving up a while to buy her something decent for her birthday next week.

I found this at a rather smart boutique in Kensington but I'm not sure if it's worth its £150 price tag.

Please help me here.

Argos isn't a boutique. Yet your picture is straight out of argos.

[edit, didn't read the whole thread]

Is your girlfriend made up too?

ReputationRep:
    No, give her a pearl necklace instead. Women love pearl necklaces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnator)
    I know the OP was being a bit of a nob but this anyway - when it starts getting expensive i would much rather my gf give me ideas no point wasting money, especially when most guys have absolutely no idea about jewelry, very much including myself
    Yep, my boyfriend is like "Tiffany, who's she?". Just ask and leave the surprises to something small and cute which she is guarenteed to love

ReputationRep:
    There is no way that is from a "boutique" - looks more like Argos or H Samuel.

I'll give you £5

ReputationRep:
    she mite like it..but i dont.
    x

ReputationRep:
    Whats with all this argos type jewellery today.

That looks like it came out of a christmas cracker.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.