Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tancredo: Threaten to bomb Muslim holy sites in retaliation watch

ReputationRep:
    they wouldn't dare touch the holy lands. Gods Wrath would shower them in an instant. Every single muslim country is obliged to defend the holy land. Do you know about the story about the army from Yemen who tried to destroy the Kabbah back in pre-islamic history?

"Have you not seen what you lord did to the companians of the elephants?
    Did He not make their plan turmoil?
    And sent to them birds from Ababil
    Striking them with stones from sijjil (a place in Hell)
    Making them like an empty field of stalks" (Qur'an 105:1-5)

It will surely be WWIII if the US even hinted at this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    I'm not condoning the bombing but I think a threat would be sufficient enough. Something has to be done about terrorism before more innocents are killed. We can't allow another 9/11 to happen.
    So you think 9/11 was planned by the Muslim community as a whole ? Why should all the Muslims pay for what Bin Laden and his people do, Islam condones violence/terrorism and so do the majority of Muslims. I don't care what anybody says but this would be a foolish thing to do, bombing Mecca/Medina would turn 1.5 billion Muslims against them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    they wouldn't dare touch the holy lands. Gods Wrath would shower them in an instant. Every single muslim country is obliged to defend the holy land. Do you know about the story about the army from Yemen who tried to destroy the Kabbah back in pre-islamic history?

"Have you not seen what you lord did to the companians of the elephants?
    Did He not make their plan turmoil?
    And sent to them birds from Ababil
    Striking them with stones from sijjil (a place in Hell)
    Making them like an empty field of stalks" (Qur'an 105:1-5)

It will surely be WWIII if the US even hinted at this
    So if your God did not stop them and Mecca and Medina were destroyed would you still believe in Islam?

ReputationRep:
    Don't Muslims believe that God will always protect Mecca and Medina. So wouldn't they lose faith in their religion if both were obliterated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    I know full well that they aren't, but I think the vast majority are guilty of negligence that's for sure. These people live in your communities.
    negligence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMonarchist)
    So a millions of people in Russia would have deserved to be nuked because they belong to the same state?
    Wooooooosh <<< this is the sound of the point flying straight over your head.

Don't twist my words. It is clearly stated that retaliatory strikes against innocents do not work when fighting against terrorists. Russia blasted Chechnya into the ground and killed thousands of innocents in retaliation for Shamil Basayev's brutal actions against ethnic Russians such as the bombing civilian apartment blocks and the Beslan school siege. It didn't do a jot of damage against the moral of his fighters, the only thing that had the slightest impact was his death and yet even now his group continues to fight under new leaders. Bombing Mecca wouldn't damage Al Qaeda, it'd just piss off the governments of every state in the Middle East.

Think of it this way, would bombing catholic churches and any towns south of the Northern Ireland border really have stopped the IRA? The glaringly obvious answer is no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    If Mecca/Medina is nuked, that's it i'm going to war.
    brother, they won't even dare. not only are there angels surrounding Makkah and Madina and Allah's wrath would shower the US before they even lefft shore, but every muslim country in the world would be obliged to defend the Haramain, So the US won't even dare to contemplate the idea.

ReputationRep:
    So if your God did not stop them and Mecca and Medina were destroyed would you still believe in Islam?
    try it

ReputationRep:
    brother, they won't even dare. not only are there angels surrounding Makkah and Madina and Allah's wrath would shower the US before they even lefft shore, but every muslim country in the world would be obliged to defend the Haramain, So the US won't even dare to contemplate the idea.
    Yeah true say, they can't do it, not even if the west get together or the rest of the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    So you think 9/11 was planned by the Muslim community as a whole ? Why should all the Muslims pay for what Bin Laden and his people do, Islam condones violence/terrorism and so do the majority of Muslims. I don't care what anybody says but this would be a foolish thing to do, bombing Mecca/Medina would turn 1.5 billion Muslims against them.
    If you had bothered to properly read my post you would have noticed that I said a threat would be sufficient enough. I'm not condoning an actual bombing.

I understand what you mean by the whole Muslims should not pay for this but where do you draw the line? NYC gets bombed? NYC & LA get bombed? This would be disastrous as so many people would be killed even if only NYC was bombed.

Yes bombing Mecca/Medina would turn Muslims against the US but surely not all. I thought Islam condemned violence? Surely the 'true' Muslims would not retaliate with violence.

ReputationRep:
    try it
    You didn't even answer my question. You just made en empty threat towards me as if I myself was going to bomb Mecca/Medina.

ReputationRep:

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    I know full well that they aren't, but I think the vast majority are guilty of negligence that's for sure. These people live in your communities.
    they have no duty to do anything

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:

JIHAD!!!

(Always wanted to post that)

ReputationRep:
    Yes bombing Mecca/Medina would turn Muslims against the US but surely not all. I thought Islam condemned violence? Surely the 'true' Muslims would not retaliate with violence.
    no, all muslims will fight

even the sufi deviants who condone jihad fully would not hesitate.

ReputationRep:
    You didn't even answer my question. You just made en empty threat towards me as if I myself was going to bomb Mecca/Medina.
    when I refer to "you" I am referring to your people, the west

ReputationRep:

Maybe that would be a way to unite Muslims. I suppose that's a good tactic in a war.

ReputationRep:

Who are you to say what all Muslims will do? Their leader? Pfft...

ReputationRep:
    If you had bothered to properly read my post you would have noticed that I said a threat would be sufficient enough. I'm not condoning an actual bombing.

I understand what you mean by the whole Muslims should not pay for this but where do you draw the line? NYC gets bombed? NYC & LA get bombed? This would be disastrous as so many people would be killed even if only NYC was bombed.

A threat would be sufficient to turn the Muslims against them, even considering this would have a disastrous effect around the globe, some extremists may even go too far.

But Why consider bombing the holy sites, threaten to bomb the bloody terrorist camps in Afghanistan or wherever it is.
    Poll
    Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
    Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.