Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tancredo: Threaten to bomb Muslim holy sites in retaliation Watch

ReputationRep:
    Holding the global Muslim community to account for 9/11 is just the same as holding the civilians in those towers guilty for the American government's crimes.

You idiots dont realise you've just adopted Al Qaeda's "logic" behind bombing the twin towers and turned it around. Well done for common sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shrep)
    Jews found that God no longer had a place to reside in. Jews found that they could no longer perform the rituals required by God to be purified. Jews found that they could no longer enforce God's law. Jews found that their specialness was different than they had previously supposed. Worship changed. Everything changed.
    Muslims don't believe that Mecca and Medina have God living in them. Also, it was through the Temple that the Jews built their religious structure. However, most Musims don't hold much value for the Saudi regime an its influence is limited.

ReputationRep:
    What a stupid thing to say for Tancredo to say...:rolleyes:

(Original post by Sakujo)
    Muslims don't believe that Mecca and Medina have God living in them. Also, it was through the Temple that the Jews built their religious structure. However, most Musims don't hold much value for the Saudi regime an its influence is limited.
    Thats right but they still care about the Holy Sites....

ReputationRep:
    There's only one way to find out...

ReputationRep:
    what do you think will happen if a the Vatican was attacked ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King4eva)
    Fork all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rule Britannia)
    Why on earth would it mean doom?

Islamic country's aren't the civilized ones anyway so them getting angry isn't going to change anything. It would just mean a lot of dead Muslims in the streets of Kosovo, Paris, Birmingham etc... and a radioactive crater in Saudi Arabia.

Oh dear.... :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    We'd lose billions of pounds worth of irreplaceable art, and some old men in dresses would die horribly.

That's about it really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy the Anarchist)
    We'd lose billions of pounds worth of irreplaceable art, and some old men in dresses would die horribly.

That's about it really.
    But there are over a billion Catholics, im sure some of them will try and retaliate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Thats right but they still care about the Holy Sites....
    Yeah but its not like Islam will suddenly implode as was suggested.

ReputationRep:
    But there are over a billion Catholics, im sure some of them will try and retaliate.
    Depends really, I mean you'd see isolated incidents aimed at whoever initiated the bombing (if it was a government, you'd probably have an international incident, if it was a terrorist group, you might see odd outbreaks of violence against the ethnic group from which the terrorists originated).

I don't think there's an organised movement of Catholics in the same way that there is for muslims. Catholicism doesn't play as much of a role in politics as Islam does in Islamic countries, so any condemnation amongst Catholics won't be from governments trying to speak on behalf of Catholicism, it will be from individuals who are Catholic speaking in their own capacity, and from secular governments condemning violence generally.

ReputationRep:

All the young altar boys would finaly be able to escape from the vatican dungeon and the clutches of the pope and his priests, no longer playthings for the "chaste" old men.

ReputationRep:
    Bombing religious sites would increase the number of people willing to actively attack the US from a few hundred thousand to well over a billion. If the US do it (which under Obama they won't) they will turn every Muslim against them and will make the war against terror infinitely more difficult. Bombing holy sites would make America infinitely more dangerous than what it is now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    If you had bothered to properly read my post you would have noticed that I said a threat would be sufficient enough. I'm not condoning an actual bombing.

I understand what you mean by the whole Muslims should not pay for this but where do you draw the line? NYC gets bombed? NYC & LA get bombed? This would be disastrous as so many people would be killed even if only NYC was bombed.

Yes bombing Mecca/Medina would turn Muslims against the US but surely not all. I thought Islam condemned violence? Surely the 'true' Muslims would not retaliate with violence.

this is when the TRUE Jihad kicks in-when we can be violent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Yeah but its not like Islam will suddenly implode as was suggested.
    More like explode, chances are retaliation would be severe...
    It's not like Mecca is some base that is needed to run for Muslims to operate...that's just being naive.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    Wooooooosh <<< this is the sound of the point flying straight over your head.

Don't twist my words. It is clearly stated that retaliatory strikes against innocents do not work when fighting against terrorists. Russia blasted Chechnya into the ground and killed thousands of innocents in retaliation for Shamil Basayev's brutal actions against ethnic Russians such as the bombing civilian apartment blocks and the Beslan school siege. It didn't do a jot of damage against the moral of his fighters, the only thing that had the slightest impact was his death and yet even now his group continues to fight under new leaders. Bombing Mecca wouldn't damage Al Qaeda, it'd just piss off the governments of every state in the Middle East.

Think of it this way, would bombing catholic churches and any towns south of the Northern Ireland border really have stopped the IRA? The glaringly obvious answer is no.

There haven´t been any major terrorist attacks in Russia since Chechnya was blasted to the ground.
    Why shouldn´t the US be allowed to fight back if they´re under attack.

PS Stop being such a smart arse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    they have no duty to do anything
    They have the power to, if they don't use that power then we will use ours on them because we can't stop the terrorists ourselves. We go out of our way to stop nazi attacks and things of that nature, the least they could do is repay the favour without threats. The trouble is that most Muslims would rather side with an extremist ****** than anyone from the West.

ReputationRep:
    I always knew the end of the World would involve Muslims :laugh:

Some of the comments on this thread though! Funny! Too funny! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)

what's your point?
    You don't see the difference between shooting for sport and dressing your son/daughter up in religiously affilated dress to make them look like a suicide bomber? Now I know what kind of an idiot i'm talking to I don't think you should waste your time replying to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    They have the power to, if they don't use that power then we will use ours on them because we can't stop the terrorists ourselves. We go out of our way to stop nazi attacks and things of that nature, the least they could do is repay the favour without threats. The trouble is that most Muslims would rather side with an extremist ****** than anyone from the West.
    :yawn: Please give it a rest, you're boring generalisations of "most Muslims" are untrue, irrelevant and tiring. You are evidently basing your whole perception of the Islamic people on what you see on the TV and the BNP homepage (abu hamza etc, etc). Thats like me basing my whole view of White Britain on you. In which case "Most British people would rather sit around on the social all day bellowing racist chants at the TV while the fresh prince of bel air is on.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.