Turn on thread page Beta

Tancredo: Threaten to bomb Muslim holy sites in retaliation watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Ok then. Well answer my original question. Would you continue to believe Islam if Mecca/Medina was destroyed? No silly answers like it is impossible to destroy because of some angels or whatever. A straight answer in this hypothetical situation.
    Did you know that the Kabah will be destroyed by "Dhus-Suwayqatayn" who would come from Ethiopia as mentioned in Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim on the authority of Abu Hurayrah (ra) who said the Prophet (saws) said: "The Ka'bah will be destroyed by Dhus-Suawayqatayn (that is literally, a man with two lean legs".

In another narration on the authority of 'Abdullah Ibn 'Amr Ibn al-'As (ra) who said: "I heard the Prophet (saws) : 'A man from Ethiopia with two lean legs will destroy the Ka'bah, take away its treasures and remove its covers. As if I were looking at him, he is a bald man with crooked arms and legs who is attacking the Ka'bah with his iron shovel and pickaxe."

It would be impossible for me to contemplate Makkah being attacked. And it surely wont happen until this ethiopian guy comes to destroy the Kabah.

Prokaryotic_crap talks sense.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if Bush is catholic or protestant or whatever but.... suppose if cchristian holy sites were threatened by nukes from any muslim country as a response to the thousands killed cos of his illegal war how would that play out?

Also take an example from the movie Troy. Right now muslims are divided on their stance regarding terrorists and extremists with the HUGE majority opting for peaceful solutions, if Makkah or Medina were attacked (they're man-made so no denying the possibility of their destruction besides they only symbolise unity in Islam not God himself) that would unite every muslim on this planet I mean each and every one against everyone who not only allowed it to happen but against every american non muslim on the planet. Seriously It would spell WW3 and expect more death the the first 2 combined twice over.

one more thing if they were to attack Makkah during Hajj period it's roughly 4 million Muslim who'll die usually one or two people from each muslim household. Got any other ideas to make it more personal than that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    :yawn: Please give it a rest, you're boring generalisations of "most Muslims" are untrue, irrelevant and tiring. You are evidently basing your whole perception of the Islamic people on what you see on the TV and the BNP homepage (abu hamza etc, etc). Thats like me basing my whole view of White Britain on you. In which case "Most British people would rather sit around on the social all day bellowing racist chants at the TV while the fresh prince of bel air is on.

The fresh prince is on? Why did you tell me sooner, its more fun than reading about some hopeless white guys racist yet unattainable dream. Cheers mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skippy786)
    Did you know that the Kabah will be destroyed by "Dhus-Suwayqatayn" who would come from Ethiopia as mentioned in Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim on the authority of Abu Hurayrah (ra) who said the Prophet (saws) said: "The Ka'bah will be destroyed by Dhus-Suawayqatayn (that is literally, a man with two lean legs".

In another narration on the authority of 'Abdullah Ibn 'Amr Ibn al-'As (ra) who said: "I heard the Prophet (saws) : 'A man from Ethiopia with two lean legs will destroy the Ka'bah, take away its treasures and remove its covers. As if I were looking at him, he is a bald man with crooked arms and legs who is attacking the Ka'bah with his iron shovel and pickaxe."

It would be impossible for me to contemplate Makkah being attacked. And it surely wont happen until this ethiopian guy comes to destroy the Kabah.

Prokaryotic_crap talks sense.
    Again the question is not answered. You just dance around it by quoting passages from the Quran. It is impossible for you to contemplate Mecca being attacked? The you my friend are not human because any human could imagine this happening even if it just a minor thought in the back of their mind.

ReputationRep:
    Lets say that some Muslim extremists do nuke Britain or the US, I don't think bombing any of the Islamic holy sites would make any sense.

The Muslim world is very divided by bombing Islamic holy sites it could create something so powerful so dangerous in many respects that it could potentially backfire. All the Muslim leaders, countries united in their hate for the West? Not something many want to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 46664)
    Lets say that some Muslim extremists do nuke Britain or the US, I don't think bombing any of the Islamic holy sites would make any sense.

The Muslim world is very divided by bombing Islamic holy sites it could create something so powerful so dangerous in many respects that it could potentially backfire. All the Muslim leaders, countries united in their hate for the West? Not something many want to see.
    Meh.

Everyone hates the West anyway. How bad can it be? :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    sandeep90 an answer to your question. If the Ka'bah were attacked, obliterated destyroyed, muslims would continue to face its direction in prayer, they would continue believing in Islam as usual and dependant on radioactivity hajj would go on as close to normal as possible. During the time of Prophet Muhammed (peace and blessing upon him) muslims used to face Jerusalem for prayer but upon command by Allah Almighty they changed direction to the Ka'ba to identify themselves different from the Jews. The Ka'ba first built built by Adam (a man) destroyed by Noah's flood then re-built by Ibrahim (Abraham also a man). Point being the Ka'ba is not God, nor a symbol of God. Just a centre point said to be directly beneath God's throne in Heaven. Destroying the Ka'ba dosen't mean Jack to the fabric of Islam. Hope this answers your question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    Ya a few retarded idiots try and nuke the US, the US responds by bombing the most holy places they can killing thousands of innocents. How do you think the other 1.5 billion muslims are going react?
    But they said they are going to use it as a deterrent.

A few retarded idiots try and nuke the US, and thousands of innocents are killed.

So if it happens, they will bomb meccah, and thousands of innocents will be killed.

Can you think of a deterrent that would be equally effective?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dude187)
    sandeep90 an answer to your question. If the Ka'bah were attacked, obliterated destyroyed, muslims would continue to face its direction in prayer, they would continue believing in Islam as usual and dependant on radioactivity hajj would go on as close to normal as possible. During the time of Prophet Muhammed (peace and blessing upon him) muslims used to face Jerusalem for prayer but upon command by Allah Almighty they changed direction to the Ka'ba to identify themselves different from the Jews. The Ka'ba first built built by Adam (a man) destroyed by Noah's flood then re-built by Ibrahim (Abraham also a man). Point being the Ka'ba is not God, nor a symbol of God. Just a centre point said to be directly beneath God's throne in Heaven. Destroying the Ka'ba dosen't mean Jack to the fabric of Islam. Hope this answers your question
    Finally a decent answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SacreBleu)

Ummmm, pull out of the Middle East completely adopt a non-interventionist foreign policy and stop giving the Islamic world reasons to hate us. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Please give it a rest, you're boring generalisations of "most Muslims" are untrue, irrelevant and tiring. You are evidently basing your whole perception of the Islamic people on what you see on the TV and the BNP homepage (abu hamza etc, etc). Thats like me basing my whole view of White Britain on you. In which case "Most British people would rather sit around on the social all day bellowing racist chants at the TV while the fresh prince of bel air is on.
    I'm basing my perception of Islamic people on interactions with Muslims, surveys conducted into Muslims, and official figures of extremism and support from the government actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    I'm basing my perception of Islamic people on stereotypes of Muslims, BNP surveys conducted into Muslims, and official figures of extremism and support from the Daily Mail actually.
    Fixed :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    What idiots like Tom Tancredo do not realise is that fundamentalist leaders like Bin Laden want us to threaten and bomb Mecca. One bullet fired at the holiest of holies would have the whole Islamic world up in arms against the West. Goodbye civilisation as we know it.

It is the same as invading Afghanistan and Iraq and helping and supplying Isreal. We are playing into Osama's/Hamas/Saddams hands. (although i suppose the correct phrase for saddam would be 'played' :p:)
    Aye, pretty much this. Although World War 3 would be sort of.. fun? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Fixed
    They are official surveys conducted by ICM. ICM hires Muslims specifically to interview on Muslim issues so there is no bias in that direction. They also interview 1000 Muslims each time, from the each economic area and age. You believe what you want to believe, I couldn't care less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SacreBleu)

A few retarded idiots try and nuke the US, and thousands of innocents are killed.

So if it happens, they will bomb meccah, and thousands of innocents will be killed.

I’m sorry but first of I doubt America will ever employ such a ‘deterrent’ namely because it would not be one at all but would only fuel and aggravate an already tense situation.
    The only thing that will be served by ever making such an announcement will be that the terrorist’s hell bent on destroying America and killing its citizens (yes that includes American Muslims as they live in the land of the ‘kuffar’ blahdi blah blah) will instantaneously gain 1.6 billion supporters. The terrorists will no longer be terrorists but elevated to the status of freedom fighters and heroes who were right all along.
    It would in effect be going to war with Islam. Religion has no borders whereas America does. Go figure.
    You can not punish 99% of Muslims because of the actions of a few. That would actually be wrong on a legal level too.
    Then we consider where this nuke would come from. Say it’s fired from California and hits Alaska. You would then turn around and be like’ right let’s go bomb Mecca and totally ruin our relationship with Saudi have our oil supply stopped and start WW111 because we want to punish everyone who is a member of Islam and oo yer were totally disregarding the fact that this nuke came from nowhere near Saudi’
    You cannot bomb a city because it has religious associations and let’s not even get onto how Saudi Arabia would view such a threat. The rulers of that country may be complacent greed ridden bums but I doubt they would take too kindly to having their country threatened not to mention their religion.
    Yes, your deterrent makes so much sense on an ethical moral and logical level :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    An effective deterrent? Keep on gunning for those terrorist *******s and destroy them from within.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    They are official surveys conducted by ICM. ICM hires Muslims specifically to interview on Muslim issues so there is no bias in that direction. They also interview 1000 Muslims each time, from the each economic area and age. You believe what you want to believe, I couldn't care less.

Well then, what do you think is to blame for the rise of Global Islamic fundamentalism/terrorism? It is all well and good counting how many young muslims ascribe to these beliefs, but surely it is more beneficial to find out what the root of the problem is and tackle it at its' source?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Elipsis]They have the power to, if they don't use that power then we will use ours on them because we can't stop the terrorists ourselves. We go out of our way to stop nazi attacks and things of that nature, the least they could do is repay the favour without threats. The trouble is that most Muslims would rather side with an extremist ****** than anyone from the West.[/QUOTE]

Utter *****.

After the 7/7 bombings all the local mosques in our area had sermons talking about the wrongs of terrorism and in effect telling the Muslim youth about how wrong, sick and unislamic these people were. My families reaction to the bombings were utter sheer disgust that someone would snatch innocent people's lives and trying to pass it off as being all for 'Islam' I don't know and am still to meet a single Muslim that agreed/agree with an of the extremist crap.

ReputationRep:
    Well then, what do you think is to blame for the rise of Global Islamic fundamentalism/terrorism? It is all well and good counting how many young muslims ascribe to these beliefs, but surely it is more beneficial to find out what the root of the problem is and tackle it at its' source?
    Perhaps the root of the problem is Islam or religion in general and the way it divides humans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMonarchist)
    There haven´t been any major terrorist attacks in Russia since Chechnya was blasted to the ground.
    Why shouldn´t the US be allowed to fight back if they´re under attack.

PS Stop being such a smart arse.
    Yes there have been major terrorist attacks, the Beslan school siege and the Moscow theatre siege all occurred after the second chechen war in which the capital Grozny was totally obliterated. And there are still scores of shootings taking place weekly although these tend not to be reported by the English language news agencies, indeed in the last two weeks a music concert was bombed killing several police guards.

If the US wants to fight back it targets specific targets where the fighters are known to be, hence why they launch drone missile strikes against known Taliban commanders. Luckily the heads of the armed forces have the intelligence to realise that they have nothing what so ever to gain from bombing Mecca, the person who made the comments is a nobody extremist seeking to promote his own pathetic career through ridiculous fire brand speeches that no one ever takes seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1g Fat)
    Perhaps the root of the problem is Islam or religion in general and the way it divides humans.

Or maybe it is the fault of the last 50 years of Western (mainly American) interventionist foreign policy in the Middle East.

I mean lets swap it around. How would you feel if Iran was a world superpower and had military bases and hundreds of troops and vehicles stationed in the UK to keep an eye on North Sea oil. It had also occupied France with the help of other Islamic nations to remove the French Leader who had threatened the Islamic world with violence and retribution. For the last 10 years economic sanctions had indirectly led to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of french civilians not to mention the daily airstrikes by Iranian forces hunting resistance fighters. A pro-Islamic government had been forced upon us and no matter how much the British people want and demand Iran off our land, the Government remains apathetic, labeling anyone who disagrees a terrorist. There are a few British who have started a resistance against the Iranians and their allies, recently they have carried out atrocities which you do not really agree with, but the way they speak about British pride and sovereignity sparks something deep within you and you start to become angry. Later that week you find out your French cousin was killed in an Airstrike...

Complete science fiction i know, and i am in no way justifying what Osama bin laden or the American Government have done. It's just that all you have to do is read about Middle Eastern history over the last 60 years in regards to American/western foreign policy, and it is easy to understand the rise of Islamic fundamentalism. I don't see an end to this until the west stops pointing fingers and starts accepting the blame for what it has done. :dontknow:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.