Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tancredo: Threaten to bomb Muslim holy sites in retaliation Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    You don't see the difference between shooting for sport and dressing your son/daughter up in religiously affilated dress to make them look like a suicide bomber? Now I know what kind of an idiot i'm talking to I don't think you should waste your time replying to me.
    I'm an idiot? when was the last time people were shooting for sport with an Uzi semi automatic machine gun and infantile kids for that matter. Secondly the Jewish Spartan State Of Israel has mandatory military conscription for all youth to defend "their country" just because they don't dress at a young age in militant religious attire it doesn't mean they're not being fed with that same ideology at home to prepare them for the army when they hit they right age.

Secondly they can dress their children in whatever way they choose. Until the Israeli Zionist scum realize that they won't be able to occupy people's land with impunity generation after generation will be at war with them just as they took their land through war.

I see no problem with whatever age those children are, they need to realise that the Israelis are not people that want peace and have no regard for their humanity or dignity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    They have the power to, if they don't use that power then we will use ours on them because we can't stop the terrorists ourselves. We go out of our way to stop nazi attacks and things of that nature, the least they could do is repay the favour without threats. The trouble is that most Muslims would rather side with an extremist ****** than anyone from the West.
    They have the power but why should they? They don't see those people as terrorists they see them as freedom fighters.

How can you tell a Muslim to help a westerner kill another Muslim after they see Western Armies occupy and massacre entire nations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    brother, they won't even dare. not only are there angels surrounding Makkah and Madina and Allah's wrath would shower the US before they even lefft shore, but every muslim country in the world would be obliged to defend the Haramain, So the US won't even dare to contemplate the idea.
    :rolleyes: LOL keep dreaming in your angels mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMonarchist)
    It´s not actually idiotic.
    If the USSR had nuked American cities in the cold war, what do you think the USA would have done?
    This is the most stupidest post, ever.

It's a completely different scenario altogether.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prokaryotic_crap)
    brother, they won't even dare. not only are there angels surrounding Makkah and Madina and Allah's wrath would shower the US before they even lefft shore, but every muslim country in the world would be obliged to defend the Haramain, So the US won't even dare to contemplate the idea.
    i have a distinct feeling the angles won't show up but it would be ridiculous to try. There would be universal rioting. Looks like mr tancredo wants to start ww3

ReputationRep:
    3/4 of muslims arent terrorists currently.. if they bomb mecca or medina im pretty sure 99% of muslims will become terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    Or maybe it is the fault of the last 50 years of Western (mainly American) interventionist foreign policy in the Middle East.
    The Western world has been poking its fingers all over the world these past few centuries - in Latin America, all over Africa, many parts of Asia, Australasia and etc. Yet interestingly, it's only the Muslim world which has responded to the Western world's 'interventionist foreign policy' in this manner; so you can't merely blame us for their behaviour - there are other factors at play and I think that religion - Islam in particular - is one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MartialLaw)
    3/4 of muslims arent terrorists currently.. if they bomb mecca or medina im pretty sure 99% of muslims will become terrorists.
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1g Fat)
    The Western world has been poking its fingers all over the world these past few centuries - in Latin America, all over Africa, many parts of Asia, Australasia and etc. Yet interestingly, it's only the Muslim world which has responded to the Western world's 'interventionist foreign policy' in this manner; so you can't merely blame us for their behaviour - there are other factors at play and I think that religion - Islam in particular - is one of them.
    :nope:

History fail. Nearly every single occupied country fought for independence and by fought I mean by violence.

ReputationRep:

Not true all of these parts of the world have reacted often with violence. However none of these areas have suffered a fraction as much as a result of American interventionism and i would say the action is deserving of the reaction.

Of course Islam is a factor, you only have to look back through history to realise how radically and violently it will react to foreign agression, it is an extremely proud religion.

I am sorry but we must take the majority of the blame for this. America in particular has tried to become the puppetmaster of the Mid East ever since the end of World War II. Even President Reagan admitted that the West cannot hope to understand the irrationality of Middle Eastern politics. Everything we have done over there for the last half century has created and played into the hands of radical evil leaders like Bin Laden, like Hussein. The West has created a monster in the East.

ReputationRep:
    This thread fails, no point in discussing the aftermath of what is not going to happen, the US wouldn't even dare to. They can keep threatening us, but it won't happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    :nope:

History fail. Nearly every single occupied country fought for independence and by fought I mean by violence.
    They may have fought to gain their independence but that still does not explain why we haven't witnessed the rise of fundamentalism and international terrorist organisations such as Al-Qaeda in the non-Muslim parts of the world that have been affected (and continue to be affected) by Western interventionist foreign policy.

Why don't we see Native Americans and Aborigines hijack planes and crash them into buildings in New York and Sydney? Why don't Japanese and Thai people strap themselves with bombs and blow up cafes and buses? Why don't Argentinians and Nicaraguans kidnap and murder Americans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    This thread fails, no point in discussing the aftermath of what is not going to happen, the US wouldn't even dare to. They can keep threatening us, but it won't happen.
    Don't insult my thread. How do you know it's not going to happen? I think if pushed to breaking point the US would dare to do it.

ReputationRep:
    Not true all of these parts of the world have reacted often with violence.
    As I've said before, there may have been episodes of violence but the behaviour of the Muslim world - with the rise of fundamentalism and terrorism - is unique.

However none of these areas have suffered a fraction as much as a result of American interventionism and i would say the action is deserving of the reaction.
    I suggest you pick up a history book and read about the United States' actions in south America before you make such a comment.

For goodness sake, some Muslims are angry about teeny tiny Israel 'occupying Muslim lands', ye the Western world almost wiped out the Native Americans and the Aborigines and gained control of vast amounts of land - you don't see them deploying violence.

Of course Islam is a factor, you only have to look back through history to realise how radically and violently it will react to foreign agression, it is an extremely proud religion.
    Buddhism is also an extremely proud religion but they explicitly condemn all forms of violence, so it clearly has nothing to do with whether a religion is 'proud' or 'not'.

Rather, it's about whether a religion is aggressive or not.

I am sorry but we must take the majority of the blame for this.
    I'll join you in demanding that the West take the majority of the blame for Islamic terrorism and fundamentalism when non-Muslims who have been affected by Western intervention start flying planes into buildings.

ReputationRep:
    I think we should remember the wise words of Stanley Baldwin from 1932.

I think it is well also for the man in the street to realise that there is no power on earth that can protect him from being bombed. Whatever people may tell him, the bomber will always get through, The only defence is in offence, which means that you have to kill more women and children more quickly than the enemy if you want to save yourselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveParlour)
    I think we should remember the wise words of Stanley Baldwin from 1932.
    That quote is enough to tell me that Stanley Baldwin was a fool.

ReputationRep:
    Bombing Mecca to bring an end to Islamic terrorism is one of the stupidest ideas I have ever heard, sounds like somebody in the red would say on TSR. It is like ******* for virginity.

ReputationRep:
    I've always wondered what carpet bombing the tropics with nukes would look like from space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    I'm an idiot? when was the last time people were shooting for sport with an Uzi semi automatic machine gun and infantile kids for that matter. Secondly the Jewish Spartan State Of Israel has mandatory military conscription for all youth to defend "their country" just because they don't dress at a young age in militant religious attire it doesn't mean they're not being fed with that same ideology at home to prepare them for the army when they hit they right age.

Secondly they can dress their children in whatever way they choose. Until the Israeli Zionist scum realize that they won't be able to occupy people's land with impunity generation after generation will be at war with them just as they took their land through war.

I see no problem with whatever age those children are, they need to realise that the Israelis are not people that want peace and have no regard for their humanity or dignity.
    Westerners killed by Israelis - 0
    Westerners killed in the name of Islam - over9000?

Israel wins!!!

Also try to at least appear neutral by not making up stupid names for countries, Israel has national service? OMG that's an outrage its almost like Austria, Mexico, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Malaysia, the Republic of China (Taiwan), Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland or Turkey.

Those sick uncivilised *******s, why don't they do the right thing and indoctrinate their kids with hatred using cartoons and then tell them to an hero?

TL;DR Army =/= suicide bombers

ReputationRep:
    As I've said before, there may have been episodes of violence but the behaviour of the Muslim world - with the rise of fundamentalism and terrorism - is unique.
    So is Islam, as i said before, all it takes is one look back in to history to see how it reacts to foreign agression. I have said some of the blame lies with the religion for extremist interpretations, but we were the ones who arrogantly stirred up a hornets nest by pllaying puppetmaster.

I suggest you pick up a history book and read about the United States' actions in south America before you make such a comment.
    American intervention in the Middle East has led directly and indirectly to millions upon millions of innocent deaths. The South American coups and proxy conflicts do not compare to what has happened in the mid east.

For goodness sake, some Muslims are angry about teeny tiny Israel 'occupying Muslim lands', ye the Western world almost wiped out the Native Americans and the Aborigines and gained control of vast amounts of land - you don't see them deploying violence.

Firstly, i seem to remember that a couple of centuries ago there was a masssive Native American resistance and terror campaign against the invaders, there were scalpings and burnings, decapitation and terror. The same for what happened with the aborigines in Australia and the Maori in New Zealand. However your point here is moot because that happpened 200 years ago. We are talking about the present, and what has happened in the last 50 years. You might as well argue "Why aren't the English attacking the French for the battle of Normandy"- absurd isn't it?

Also, what a naive view of the Isreal conflict, you obviously have no idea of the history of the region or American manipulation of Isreal and of Palestine in the 80's and 90's when the American administration funded and armed both sides and let them slug it out. The reason why the muslim world blames America for Isreal is because they see daily American attack helicopters, tanks and guns attacking and killing Palestinians. They just happened to be piloted by Isreali's

Buddhism is also an extremely proud religion but they explicitly condemn all forms of violence, so it clearly has nothing to do with whether a religion is 'proud' or 'not'.
    http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html?catid=79&artid=20555.

All religions can be interpreted in different ways and twisted so as to be used for violence.

Islam can be interpreted as a religion of peace and of violence, just like christianity, just like judaism.

I'll join you in demanding that the West take the majority of the blame for Islamic terrorism and fundamentalism when non-Muslims who have been affected by Western intervention start flying planes into buildings.

What a naive thing to say. DO you have any idea of the scale of destruction American interventionism has caused in the Middle East, it is not just that, but also the fact that they are persisting, they will not leave for oilbvious reasons. Look what happened to Vietnam after America stopped interfering, they are now a succesful nation and ally of the USA, imagine if they hadn't interfered at all...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.