Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Rap any opinions welcome Watch

ReputationRep:
    I recorded just a 2.18 pre written rap on my web cam

its on youtube search Rap with me - Markus

any opinions wecome, just be interesting o see what people think.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    That's not as bad as I thought it'd be actually, although it'd be much better if the lip synch wasn't stuffed up

ReputationRep:
    Is it supposed to be sung that camply?

ReputationRep:
    Not bad!

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna be honest mate, it is pretty shocking

But ALOT better than I could do and if you enjoy doing it, stick with it I guess, although the lyrics are pretty wierd

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it's not as bad as I expected, but it just sounds like you're talking... If I were you, I'd have some kind of catchy chorus in there - it was forgettable tbh without a hook like that.

ReputationRep:
    im not competing with anyone i just wanted some feedback. thanks for checking it out. i never said i was the best or anything lol and ye its **** with my web cam and no chrous.

ReputationRep:
    Some bits I would say are good, most of it is a bit weak. The faster bits are better

ReputationRep:
    Link me to it and I'll watch.

Even better, embed the video here. I'm too lazy to search.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMYG1PkTaGY

ReputationRep:
    no offence your voice is not really good. the accent is too strange dont know if you are tryin to mimic an american one or are using an english accent. also your voice doesn't really sound street enough with a song with quite aggressive subject manner. lyrics are actually pretty decent. but voice and flow could improve alot but maybe that could be because your maybe not that comfortable or at ease

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
    no offence your voice is not really good. the accent is too strange dont know if you are tryin to mimic an american one or are using an english accent. also your voice doesn't really sound street enough with a song with quite aggressive subject manner. lyrics are actually pretty decent. but voice and flow could improve alot but maybe that could be because your maybe not that comfortable or at ease
    im not offended i appreciate anything constructive people have to say. i can understand where ur coing from but what ways can you improve on those?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus_09_)
    im not offended i appreciate anything constructive people have to say. i can understand where ur coing from but what ways can you improve on those?
    i think confidence is a big factor in it, say if you do a bragging rap and you really believe what you are saying then that usually results in better verses and writing it flows more easily. that and drawing influences from rappers that you enjoy/admire. i cant realy give any other advice as i've only really written raps for fun never really seriously

ReputationRep:
    I see you like Eminem.

ReputationRep:
    "if i ever see a ***** try to trap me again/imma slap her so hard she will fall back on her friend"

lmfaooooooooooooooooo has got to be one of the funniest rhymes ever, i think your facial expressions made it even funnier.

but not bad, i was actually expecting worse. But broaden your topic of discussion.

ReputationRep:
    I like your little beard :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixx)
    I see you like Eminem.

yea i do i think he's lyrically insane. but everything i write is me cos theres no point imitating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    I like your little beard :yes:

hahahahaaa for my next video it will be fully grown

ReputationRep:
    Lyrically it's pretty good, a lot better than a lot of the stuff both in and out of the charts.

It's your flow that needs working on. Try to be less stop and start. It improves as the song goes on though so I guess if you keep rapping it will come with time and confidence.

You need to drop the american accent too - you're obv not american and it makes you sound like a wannabe/ faker.

Still, as people have said above it's a pretty good rap. Influences of early Eminem are clear and that's always a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King4eva)
    "if i ever see a ***** try to trap me again/imma slap her so hard she will fall back on her friend"

lmfaooooooooooooooooo has got to be one of the funniest rhymes ever, i think your facial expressions made it even funnier.

but not bad, i was actually expecting worse. But broaden your topic of discussion.

haha thanks and ye i will thats just 2 mins but if i make other songs theyll be different topics

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.