Turn on thread page Beta

My Rap any opinions welcome watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Doctoré de Mystéro)
    Lyrically it's pretty good, a lot better than a lot of the stuff both in and out of the charts.

It's your flow that needs working on. Try to be less stop and start. It improves as the song goes on though so I guess if you keep rapping it will come with time and confidence.

You need to drop the american accent too - you're obv not american and it makes you sound like a wannabe/ faker.

Still, as people have said above it's a pretty good rap. Influences of early Eminem are clear and that's always a good thing.

thanks, and yea im aware of the accent just sticked with me when i started imitating at 14. but ill keep on working at it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus_09_)
    I recorded just a 2.18 pre written rap on my web cam

its on youtube search Rap with me - Markus

any opinions wecome, just be interesting o see what people think.

thanks
    I like it. :yes: :woo: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Drop the American accent. Need more variation of tone. Flow needs a lot of work. But apart from that, not awful.

ReputationRep:
    lol at i even hate you
    quite good though.

ReputationRep:
    start was weak (but it gets better) and flow's mad choppy;
    lyrically it's kinda cliché.. like that 'humble rapper type', which works some of the time (probably did here) - i thought it was ok.
    also you vary your tone too much which is what makes it stand out as overly amateur, along with the flow.

it's not bad.. definitely improve your flow and try to use less syllables per bar.

edit:
    and the accent doesn't fit, you're not american.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.