Turn on thread page Beta

Stereotypes about black/mixed women question for you watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corallie13)
    They are probably suffering from a bit of colonial/slave mentality, its not uncommon and certainly no suprise to me.
    Actually a colonial attitude would be to find African girls very attractive. In Africa and the Caribbean there was a ridiculously high number of white men with black partners.
    I think that's the problem that some people have with seeing a white guy and a black girl. It does bring back memories of that time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Shame you got your flags mixed up.
    Touche!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Touche!
    At least she's Nigerian by descent I guess...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starhove)
    i am like that as well in fact the guy im with atm is white 4 me its jus personality that will do it 4 me & also its been a while since i have seen a black guy who was jus straight up nice.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    Think they are more demandent or hard to please?
    not at all its just a stereotype media show tbh. they are as calm and normal as any other race.
    Colour does not determine how hard to please you are in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    So, why are black women so much better in bed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bludclotzz)
    u mad ?
    i think ur a bit bitter because you got called names but lol at you hating your own race

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    i get this too because i dont listen to 'black music' :rolleyes:
    I get this three. It's always slightly irritating.

I think there are dominant black women, but also submissive ones. But no more than any other people.
    You probably notice the dominant women because they make themselves known more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crooks & castles)
    i think ur a bit bitter because you got called names but lol at you hating your own race

How the fuk am i hating myy own race ****** ? I tell it like it is, I KNOW that i met more beautiful white women than black, im more attracted to white women, and trust me, the college i go to has a lot of black girls, they mostly have the same ****** attitude, feisty,loud, obnoxious, rude and all, in birmingham, most are like that.

Lol at you, thinking i don't want to be black or somethin, just cos i am, doesn't mean i have to bum my own race 24/7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Actually a colonial attitude would be to find African girls very attractive. In Africa and the Caribbean there was a ridiculously high number of white men with black partners.
    I think that's the problem that some people have with seeing a white guy and a black girl. It does bring back memories of that time.
    I was actually referring to some black men that insult black women (viewing them as inferior) and then going out with women of other races and looking at them as superior.

A relationship between a black girl and white guy is a bit different I think.

ReputationRep:
    Some people on TSR obviously have an issue with black women. I find it fascinating. Yes there are black women like that, like a few people have said they're the ones you tend to notice because they're so outspoken. I am a strong independant women who doesn't take any crap, but I don't need to be overly feisty and intimidating to get that acros. My mother brought me up to stand up for myself, but she also taught me the social intelligence to know what appropriate behaviour is.

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how when there's a thread about black women on TSR it always turns out to be negative.

There are a number of issues that seem to come up time and time again that are never properly resolved.

-As is human nature, people tend to remember negative experiences more than positive ones. These are mainly what these stereotypes are based on. Weak.

-Why don't people look beyond stereotypes and look at individuals as they are? If you believe a stereotype so strongly, you're likely to 'see' it a lot more.

-There's no point in stating that black women are beautiful and using celebrities as examples because the reply will be one of the following:
    1) not real people on the street
    2) she's not 'black enough'/too lightskinned/dark but ugly.

No2 I take real issue with. Why should you be deciding who is 'black enough' to be dubbed black? Using terms like 'whitewashed' and if they are not 'whitewashed' then they are automatically ugly? Black people come in all shades light and dark. There's not one set colour that is just 'black'.

That's all for now.

ReputationRep:
    Yes black girls are louder, more assertive, not shy at all and it's not an education issue. Black girls are like that regardless of their level of education. My black girl friends at Imperial (yes there are a few black people there!) are all LOUD . I'm fine with it, makes them a lot easier to talk to be honest and is desirable in a partner. I don't want a girl who is completely reliant on me. Black girls are strong, not afraid of confrontation and will NOT let a guy treat them like crap. Even just to invite a black girl out to the cinema or for a meal or something can be hard work despite her showing signs she interested in you. White girls though are easy.

Another point to raise, black guys like myself don't like dark skinned girls. It's harsh and not right but it is true. Pretty much every black guy I know will tell you light skinned black girls >> dark skinned black girls, I guess this rejection by the very guys that these dark skinned girls are after can lead to some of the more negative character types associated with black women. Also black women need to take care of themselves more, too many overweight black girls and then they wonder why they can't get a man. I'll leave it there don't want to be upsetting anybody.

Why all the black people on TSR love the rock music and festivals. Any real blacks out there? Jeez.

ReputationRep:
    Or is it purely because of **** size?
    Myths concerning males

"Black men have naturally larger penises than white men.

This couldn't be further from the truth. Based on a number of surveys (most notably Masters and Johnson), of thousands of men of many different races, white males actually have the largest penises. White males averaged an erect penis length of 6.4" while black males averaged 6.2". Hispanic men averaged 6.0" and finally east Asian men bring up the rear with a meager 5.6" (Did you catch that pun?). Erect penis lengths are taken by measuring from the TOP of the penis, where it joins the body, to the tip of the head."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    id let you know that i only type like this in forums, id also let you know that depending on my results id be going to either brighton or bath to study accountancy and finance
    Perhaps it is about time you started writing less like a 12 year old and more like an adult, if that is the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChosenOne)
    Yes black girls are louder, more assertive, not shy at all and it's not an education issue. Black girls are like that regardless of their level of education. My black girl friends at Imperial (yes there are a few black people there!) are all LOUD . I'm fine with it, makes them a lot easier to talk to be honest and is desirable in a partner. I don't want a girl who is completely reliant on me. Black girls are strong, not afraid of confrontation and will NOT let a guy treat them like crap. Even just to invite a black girl out to the cinema or for a meal or something can be hard work despite her showing signs she interested in you. White girls though are easy.

Another point to raise, black guys like myself don't like dark skinned girls. It's harsh and not right but it is true. Pretty much every black guy I know will tell you light skinned black girls >> dark skinned black girls, I guess this rejection by the very guys that these dark skinned girls are after can lead to some of the more negative character types associated with black women. Also black women need to take care of themselves more, too many overweight black girls and then they wonder why they can't get a man. I'll leave it there don't want to be upsetting anybody.

Why all the black people on TSR love the rock music and festivals. Any real blacks out there?
    Jeez.
    gtfo

ReputationRep:
    Slavery ended nearly 200 years ago, how long are black people going to keep referring to it as an excuse for their [stereotypically] anti-social behaviour?

Nobody alive today had anything to do with the slave trade. Get over it, it's ancient history.

ReputationRep:
    What is it with TSR and black women

I'm black woman and I have just turned 18. Even though the sterotypes of black girls OBVIOUSLY don't fit the personalities of ALL black girls there is no doubt about it there is a vast majority of black girls who do unfortunatley fit the stereotype. But like others have said, there are also a vast amount of sophisticated, intelligent, gentle, outgoing black girls that have respect for the people around them and the society they live in. I just can't believe poeple don't recognise this...to me it just seems like some people on TSR should leave their personal opinions OUT of these threads, cause we all know there is also plenty of negative things to say about white girls but obviously not all white girls are the same. Also my mom is black and my step dad is white she definatley doesn't wear the trousers in the relationship it's mostly spilt equally.

ReputationRep:
    But I often fancy mixed and Asian girls and black too. Not intentionally, I just started to see more mystery in them and see them as more alluring than white girls. They have a calm or poise or something.
    I am attracted to Asian women too. It is to do with poise, respect they have for themselves, and respect for men, a lot of white women lack both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mango24)
    What is it with TSR and black women

I'm black woman and I have just turned 18. Even though the sterotypes of black girls OBVIOUSLY don't fit the personalities of ALL black girls there is no doubt about it there is a vast majority of black girls who do unfortunatley fit the stereotype. But like others have said, there are also a vast amount of sophisticated, intelligent, gentle, outgoing black girls that have respect for the people around them and the society they live in. I just can't believe poeple don't recognise this...to me it just seems like some people on TSR should leave their personal opinions OUT of these threads, cause we all know there is also plenty of negative things to say about white girls but obviously not all white girls are the same. Also my mom is black and my step dad is white she definatley doesn't wear the trousers in the relationship it's mostly spilt equally.
    No-one is ever the same, but of course, on TSR, General Isation seems to be a very popular man.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.