Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stereotypes about black/mixed women question for you Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a black male and i am honestly afraid of the majority of black females, My type is sophisticated females and working at my office i work with 3 girls 1 black 2 white and look i don't want to hype stereotype but my black colleague she is such a feisty and aggressive it's a huge turn off, like the type of women to kill you in you're sleep.

I'm not ashamed to say, I have dated more out of my race than in.

ReputationRep:
    Funny this thread who comes up. Other day I was at one of my mums friends house (shes black) and she was telling me she needs to sort out her aggression and she was going to anger management. I was telling her having alot of anger is just one of those things in life and she said 'nah its not, I need to sort it out! Ive just had a lot of heartbreak in my life makes me the way I am'. What was also weird about that was that on that very day she had broken up with her fiance, and 10 years ago she had broken up with her previous husband who she had two kids with. Possibily alot of black girls go through this, especially with the high rates of black fathers being absent.

Also I agree to an extent about black girls, alot is probably down to ubrining. My mum was telling me she was always fighting when she was at school, but also said that racism back then was much worse and she had to protect herself. Perhaps black mothers subconciously teach survival/self dependant values to their daughters? Although from what ive found out is if you potray yourself to them in the right way they are not as bad. I think alot dont want 'wastemen' when it comes to guys.

Its an interesting topic though. Im doing something linked to this for my disseratiton so reading peoples thoughts and opinions gives me a good insight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChosenOne)
    Yes black girls are louder, more assertive, not shy at all and it's not an education issue. Black girls are like that regardless of their level of education. My black girl friends at Imperial (yes there are a few black people there!) are all LOUD . I'm fine with it, makes them a lot easier to talk to be honest and is desirable in a partner. I don't want a girl who is completely reliant on me. Black girls are strong, not afraid of confrontation and will NOT let a guy treat them like crap. Even just to invite a black girl out to the cinema or for a meal or something can be hard work despite her showing signs she interested in you. White girls though are easy.

Another point to raise, black guys like myself don't like dark skinned girls. It's harsh and not right but it is true. Pretty much every black guy I know will tell you light skinned black girls >> dark skinned black girls, I guess this rejection by the very guys that these dark skinned girls are after can lead to some of the more negative character types associated with black women. Also black women need to take care of themselves more, too many overweight black girls and then they wonder why they can't get a man. I'll leave it there don't want to be upsetting anybody.

Why all the black people on TSR love the rock music and festivals. Any real blacks out there? Jeez.
    *Raises hand*
    Black person on TSR who doesn't listen to rock. Mostly R&B and hip-hop.
    I attended Imperial too and I know what you mean about the black girls on campus. I remember a while ago when they were handing out flyers and advertising Afrogala. Every time I ventured across the walkway I had one or two girls from the ACS approach me and demand I attend the event. Safe to say I didn't go. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixx)
    *Raises hand*
    Black person on TSR who doesn't listen to rock. Mostly R&B and hip-hop.
    I attended Imperial too and I know what you mean about the black girls on campus. I remember a while ago when they were handing out flyers and advertising Afrogala. Every time I ventured across the walkway I had one or two girls from the ACS approach me and demand I attend the event. Safe to say I didn't go. Lol.
    lol same and same to the highlighted bolds. Last year one of the people at the ACS gave me a raw KMT when I said I MIGHT join the society. Safe to say I never joined lol
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    This is mostly getting off topic replies as well as some dodgy ones so I am going to close.

After 12 pages I think that the the OP has had enough of a response.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.