Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stereotypes about black/mixed women question for you Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Why do people on TSR bang on about stereotypes. Every "race" has different people with different personalities.
    This!

ReputationRep:
    What about mixed people? Do they get hassle for being 'neither'. Do mixed girls generally prefer white or black guys?

ReputationRep:
    Well stereotypes can have truth if we're not being strictly PC. That's not so say they judge ALL cases.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    What about mixed people? Do they get hassle for being 'neither'. Do mixed girls generally prefer white or black guys?
    lol its VERY RARE that i see mixed race guys and girls that associate more with white culture than black, very rare, also mixed girls i know like black guys...

ReputationRep:
    i agree with almost completey the majority are very loud and rude for near enough no reason, most of my black male friends even admit this to me

ReputationRep:
    Demanding and fiesty girls are fun to handle , rather than boring girls who show no emotion.

ReputationRep:
    Its a shame its always the loud, aggressive and rude black girls that get spoken about. The educated, sophisticated and refined ones get very little recognition.

I am mixed and I get more attention from white guys, so tend to prefer them over black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corallie13)
    Its a shame its always the loud, aggressive and rude black girls that get spoken about. The educated, sophisticated and refined ones get very little recognition.
    Do black girls like white guys? Generally IYO?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am mixed and I get more attention from white guys, so tend to prefer them over black.
    Do you find them different to hang out with? an easier touch?

Why anon btw?

ReputationRep:
    I'm mixed race and tend to prefer black guys, maybe because I get a lot of attention from black guys? This doesn't always apply though, I've also had asian and white boyfriends, my boyfriend atm is white.

Do you find them different to hang out with? an easier touch?

Why anon btw?
    Don't want to get negged for being 'racist' or anything...
    I dunno, with black guys it is hard to find one who isn't 'ganster' where I live, but I know they're not all like that.

ReputationRep:
    i love white guys,black,asian whatever it's mainly about personality really,you cant judge how someone will behave based on their colour of skin

ReputationRep:
    Do black girls like white guys? Generally IYO?
    Im a black and ive been out with white boys so yes it does happen. As controversial as it sounds a certain type of black girl goes out with white guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corallie13)
    Im a black and ive been out with white boys so yes it does happen. As controversial as it sounds a certain type of black girl goes out with white guys.
    Ok, predictably, I'm intrigued. What kind of black girl?

I'm thinking celbs now..Heather Small, Dee C Lee err they have/had kids by white boyfriends. Can't think of any more tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm part black and I think black women are actually more fiesty than white women. I guess I know black women in my circles, i.e. either Oxford educated or from high school which was again middle-class upbringing but I do think they are FIERCE - in a good way. Confident, sexy (esp on the dance floor ) and demanding. One of my best friends is black and I am a little bit in love with her. She's such a diva! :love: But also intelligent, amibitious and honest.

I know mixed couples that work well, actually. As in white/black, the reverse, mixes. It's all to do with personality, not race. :yep:

As for music stereotypes - well I think most people slate others for not liking their preferred music style. I don't see why that has to mean you are not "black" enough. Each to their own - and having been on the receiving end of "wannabe white"/"coconut"/"bounty" comments (what south-east asian or black/mixed girl hasn't?) they usually aren't meant maliciously and I don't think they are genuinely believed.

ReputationRep:
    ye, there is a "type" of black girl that will go out with a white boy. most of my black friends usually go on about how they can't get with a white boy etc...
    tbh, race isn't really an issue for me though, infact im more attracted to white guys than black guys, and im a black girl myself.

in the end it depends on the individual, not all black girls in general!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starhove)
    same here i just dont get why most of them act like
    i was once told that im not black enough coz im the complete opposite to the stereotype.
    I get that too. Also I'm not really attracted to black guys I like white guys straight up. I dunno why? I guess I grew up with alot of white people.

ReputationRep:
    i have a fair few black girlfriends. they're all different, and not as horrible as the stereotypes make them out to be

ReputationRep:
    http://images.eonline.com/eol_images...seal.91607.jpg

heidi klum and seal are a lovely couple :-)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.