Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stereotypes about black/mixed women question for you Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corallie13)
    Im a black and ive been out with white boys so yes it does happen. As controversial as it sounds a certain type of black girl goes out with white guys.
    I think the "certain type" is nothing more than a girl that has grown up in a white-dominant area and so around puberty saw white faces more often and found that attractive. They are more likely to have taste more commonly associated with the white race, but I think it goes that way around.

Hmm....what races have I dated? Current boyfriend is half brazillian (and beyond gorgeous). Also black (african), white (german), morrocan/indian (gorgeous!). There's no race that I definitely do not find attractive. Not a huge fan of blonde hair. Maybe I'm just a bit strange :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadine_xo)
    I get that too. Also I'm not really attracted to black guys I like white guys straight up. I dunno why? I guess I grew up with alot of white people.
    i am like that as well in fact the guy im with atm is white 4 me its jus personality that will do it 4 me & also its been a while since i have seen a black guy who was jus straight up nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    Ok, predictably, I'm intrigued. What kind of black girl?

I'm thinking celbs now..Heather Small, Dee C Lee err they have/had kids by white boyfriends. Can't think of any more tbh.
    Very inquisitive arent you!

This is just in my humble opinion by the way..

She will probably be quite educated , worldly, open-minded, has a good diverse range of friends and has spent time with people who arent necessarily of her race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellybaby)
    http://images.eonline.com/eol_images...seal.91607.jpg

heidi klum and seal are a lovely couple :-)
    must have a big ****

(no homo)

ReputationRep:
    mixed race girls are fit as tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    true, i love all kinds of music (rock being my favourite) lol
    thats my 1st some1 else who jus loves music not becoz they think they r supposed 2. it seems among some of my friends im like the 1 who totally love other genres besides the predictable lol

ReputationRep:
    Very inquisitive arent you!

This is just in my humble opinion by the way..

She will probably be quite educated , worldly, open-minded, has a good diverse range of friends and has spent time with people who arent necessarily of her race.
    So you're saying that exposure to white guys makes them more interesting/attractive than when they were not so visible/available? I would have thought it might work in reverse..

Do you think there's still a cultural divide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starhove)
    oh the black music thing its quite laughable because for me i like everything from my indie to rock to drum n bass you get the picture & there are some rnb & hip hop i listen to & if like some black pple who think they r all that as they listen to jay z & all that come across me its like im the judas in that & now i dont even take any notice 2 it really
    me too i always get called white because i'm not gangsta and wear hoodies all the time

ReputationRep:
    So you're saying that exposure to white guys makes them more interesting/attractive than when they were not so visible/available? I would have thought it might work in reverse..

Do you think there's still a cultural divide?
    It could work in two ways I think, a bg getting to know a wb and vice versa could make them seem less scary realising that regardless of race everyone is the same.

On the other hand theres this idea of 'forbidden fruit' where the unknown is seen as attractive and exciting.

As for cultural divide , for some people it can be seen as still a bit taboo. I mean with some families if you were to bring home someone of a different race, gran or grandad might just have a heart attack.

ReputationRep:
    And finally, why are there more Black guy/white girls relationships than vice/versa would you say? Is it because black women and white women prefer more dominant black guys and men want control? Or is it purely because of **** size?
    I've not not one white guy who find black women attractive. Mixed race is a different story though. I'm not sure why, it just 'is'. I personally find all ethnicities attractive, except black women :/

I find some of stereotypes written in this thread to be quite true, obviously there are many exceptions - however this stereotype in my experience has a large element of truth.

These experiences are mainly from living in Birmingham as a student for 3(4) years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    I've not not one white guy who find black women attractive. Mixed race is a different story though. I'm not sure why, it just 'is'. I personally find all ethnicities attractive, except black women :/

I find some of stereotypes written in this thread to be quite true, obviously there are many exceptions - however this stereotype in my experience has a large element of truth.

These experiences are mainly from living in Birmingham as a student for 3(4) years
    yeah i know what u sayin, but also reason is white guys can't handle a black girl......

ReputationRep:
    It could work in two ways I think, a bg getting to know a wb and vice versa could make them seem less scary realising that regardless of race everyone is the same.

On the other hand theres this idea of 'forbidden fruit' where the unknown is seen as attractive and exciting.
    k.
    It is the unknown that's interesting. But don't you think it may not be true that we are all just the same?

Do you see it as the unknown being intriguing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I live in a predominantly white city, but was visiting another at the weekend, and staying in an area where ethnic minorities are the majority. I have to say I find groups of other black girls intimidating (I'm female), like I didn't want to catch their eye on the bus, because they were talking quite loudly in an aggressive manner. Also I had a small black girl repeatedly shout out the window at me, "WHITE GIRL, WHITE GIRL, MY BROTHER AND SISTER ARE GONNA KILL YOU!" while I was minding my own business waiting for a bus. I've never experienced anything like that before, it was odd. I'm not racist (against races as a whole, that's ridiculous) but I did feel like a fish out of water.
    This made me laugh so much. My experiences on public transport are so mundane ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ...I had a small black girl repeatedly shout out the window at me, "WHITE GIRL, WHITE GIRL, MY BROTHER AND SISTER ARE GONNA KILL YOU!"...
    maybe u shud of shouted back: 'N*gger! N*gger! You're gna be my slave and your whole family is gna get lynched by the KKK!' hahahaha!

ReputationRep:
    It is the unknown that's interesting. But don't you think it may not be true that we are all just the same?

Do you see it as the unknown being intriguing?
    Hmm suppose its a bit of both, I like things that are a bit different.

I do think we are the same when it comes to being humans trying to get through life, why dont you think we are the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KinkyBear)
    maybe u shud of shouted back: 'N*gger! N*gger! You're gna be my slave and your whole family is gna get lynched by the KKK!' hahahaha!
    lol :o:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm suppose its a bit of both, I like things that are a bit different.

I do think we are the same when it comes to being humans trying to get through life, why dont you think we are the same?
    I think we are all different and individual like you say. There may be some common differences between ethnic groups though. Not wanting that to be taken in an offensive or racist way. But I guess that's what makes it so intriguing. You may have differences in some ways but link up in other ways like you never would have with someone of your own ethnicity.

Firstly not many white women go for black men in reality. Those that do, it's usually because of the whole "bad boy, aggressor" image rather than good looks.

Lastly, black women are generally ugly and alot of black guys themselves have commented on this. So if black guys themselves do not find them attractive, why would a white guy?

Ask a black guy, which race he finds most hot. If he answers honestly he will say white/asian/latina, not black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    mixed race girls are fit as tbh
    this.

mixed race girls > anything else
    And being black myself, its all nice saying that its generalising and all that but the truth is, the majority of the black girls i've met are all attitude, rude and everything and sooo proud its unreal. But i've also met some pure lovely girls that i regularly talk to .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starhove)
    same here i just dont get why most of them act like
    i was once told that im not black enough coz im the complete opposite to the stereotype.
    omg i've had this.
    nothing gets me angrier.
    its like. I.AM.BLACK.
    I should not have to act in a certain way to prove my colour. Are you blind? Just look at my skin. That should be enough. Now **** off.

Arghhhhhh it pisses me off so much.

I once had a former friend (who's white) come up to me and say "i'm more black than you".
    ******* hell.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.